Under the radar

Philadelphia Antique Toy Convention / Dec. 4 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. $5 Pennsy Flea Market 1600 S. Warfield St. Remember the toys you used to play with? You might find them at the inaugural

Philadelphia Antique Toy Convention / Dec. 4

10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

$5

Pennsy Flea Market

1600 S. Warfield St.

Remember the toys you used to play with? You might find them at the inaugural Philadelphia Antique Toy Convention at the Pennsy Flea Market on Dec. 4, which will display toys like G.I. Joe, Barbie, Diecast collectables and Transformers. The holiday-themed show will feature 200 tables of new, antique and collectible toys for sale by unique toy dealers from across the region. The show promises to have an array of toys from the 1900s, as well as today’s most popular toys.

Winter Market at the Piazza at Schmidt’s / Dec. 2- Dec. 4

Friday, 6-10 p.m. / Saturday, 1-8 p.m. / Sunday, 1-7 p.m.

Free

The Piazza at Schmidts

2nd Street and Germantown Avenue

The Piazza at Schmidts is going to be transformed into a European-style Christmas Market where local craft vendors, along with some of the city’s food trucks will line the streets. Come out to meet neighbors, toast with friends and purchase all those holiday gifts that haven’t bought yet. In addition, there is going to be a gift wrapping station so that you don’t have to worry about making a mess with the scissors, tape and wrapping paper. This three-day event will have different activities each day, including a Christmas Tree lighting on Saturday night beginning at 7 p.m.

Annual Peace Around the World Day: Passport to Cultures / Dec. 4

Free with museum admission

University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology

3260 South St.

Come and take a trip around the world. The Penn Museum celebrates the holiday season with its 16th annual Peace Around the World family-oriented afternoon. Visitors will receive a “Passport to Cultures,” in which international speakers will share holiday customs and traditions of their home countries through music, stories, arts, crafts, games and more. There will also be international music and dancing, exotic face painting, balloon art, family crafts and free treats for children. Attendees will get a taste of how different countries celebrate the holiday season.

Community Barefoot Boogie & Drum

now through Dec. 17

Every third Saturday from 8-10:30 p.m.

$10

New Covenant Campus – Baird Hall

7500 Germantown Ave.

Calling all dancers: Meet new friends and move your body at your Community Barefoot Boogie. Come celebrate the season at different professional dance studios in Mt. Airy. Celebrate together, have fun and glorify life through free style dance. There will be recorded music as well as live drumming by Barry Bell. Feel free to bring your own drum too. In addition, you’ll also get the opportunity to get to know one another in circle midway through the event. So come and get your groove thing on right in time for the holiday season.

Rebecca Zoll can be reached at rebecca.zoll@temple.edu.