Under the Radar: City Rhythm Orchestra, Observe the Moon, Aprés Vous, The Green

City Rhythm Orchestra, Observe the Moon, Aprés Vous, The Green

[raw]
City Rhythm Orchestra

Today, Sept. 18

7 p.m.

$15

Chris’ Jazz Cafe

1421 Sansom St.

cityrhythm.com
[/raw]

If you enjoy the sounds of smooth jazz mixed with high-energy performances, there is no question that Chris’ Jazz Café is the place for you tonight, Sept.18. City Rhythm Orchestra is known for its dazzling sounds with a rock feel, while enchanting audiences with rich sounds and good vibes. City Rhythm has produced five CDs and is taking to its native city after a tour around popular U.S. cities. City Rhythm’s latest endeavor is a repertory jazz orchestra selection presented by the American Music Foundation.

[raw]
International Observe the Moon Day/Night

Saturday, Sept. 22

11 a.m.-4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Free with museum admission

Fairmount Waterworks – Interpretive Center

271 N. 21st St.

fi.edu
[/raw]

The Franklin Institute boasts a moon-themed day on Saturday, Sept. 22. Multiple events will give way to a spectacular moon viewing at 7:30 p.m. on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Throughout the day there will be two screenings and five different activities ranging from crater making to paper plate model making of the sun, earth and moon. The activities are for all ages and are located in the Key Hallway of the museum. The event is a fitting way to celebrate International Observe the Moon Day/Night than at Philadelphia’s Franklin Institute.

[raw]
Screening of “Aprés Vous”  

Sept. 24, 27, 28

Mondays and Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. and on Fridays at 9:30 p.m.

Bistrot La Minette

623 S. Sixth St.

bistrotlaminette.com
[/raw]

French speakers and those interested in films of foreign languages will enjoy a night of “Dinner and French Movies al Fresco.” The movie is in French presented with English subtitles. This French hit comedy from 2003 will be sure to keep you laughing all the way through your meal. Not only will this event be satisfying to the mind and stomach, it takes place in the restaurant’s garden courtyard. Space in the courtyard is limited however, so be sure to make a reservation.

[raw]
The Green at The Blockley

Friday, Oct. 5

7 p.m.

$13

The Blockley

3801 Chestnut St.

eventbrite.com
[/raw]

Is the end of summer getting you down? Send your mind to the warm, sunny weather of Hawaii with the sounds of The Green. The Hawaiian native band mixes traditional Hawaiian sounds with a reggae feel. All attendees must be 18 or older to enter. The band just released their second album and have set about to take the stage for Philadelphia audiences. Shirts are available for purchase prior to the event on the website listed above and tickets can be pre-ordered on there as well. Not only will The Green be performing, but special guest Stick Figure will also be appearing following an opening act by Kings and Comrades.