Volleyball team makes tournament

Xu has recorded 40 kills and 36 digs in the Owls last two matches while hitting .318. This is Xu’s first Player of the Week honor. Temple women’s volleyball has officially advanced to the Atlantic

Xu has recorded 40 kills and 36 digs in the Owls last two matches while hitting .318. This is Xu’s first Player of the Week honor.

Temple women’s volleyball has officially advanced to the Atlantic 10 Volleyball Championship after Duquesne lost their last three matches against Dayton, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

This will be the Owls sixth consecutive championship appearance. Temple (18-9,9-6) finished conference play on the road with wins over Fordham 3-1 and George Washington 3-1.

The Owls head into the tournament with the A-10 Player of the Week in sophomore outside hitter Yun Xu.

Temple will face regular season conference champion Dayton in the first round as the fourth and final seed.

The Owls have struggled with the teams in this season’s tournament as they enter with a combined 1-5 record against them. Their lone win came against Rhode Island earlier this season.

Temple will be the underdog heading into the tournament. Although records are thrown away in the playoffs, the Flyers have home court advantage.

The championship will be held at the Frericks Center on the campus of the University of Dayton on Friday and Saturday.

The Owls first round game will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday.