WEB REVIEW

https://www.launch.com An autographed Eve 6 guitar, a free digital camera and concert tickets to the Dandy Warhols are all at your fingertips just by logging on to Launch.com. This is the site is for all

https://www.launch.com

An autographed Eve 6 guitar, a free digital camera and concert tickets to the Dandy Warhols are all at your fingertips just by logging on to Launch.com. This is the site is for all music lovers out there.

Launch.com features contests on a regular basis to attend concerts and win valuable prizes such as autographed items from bands. Not only is it possible to win items from artists, it is also possible to speak with them.

If you cannot speak with your favorite band, there’s always the chance to hear them in an interview. For instance, popular groups like Radiohead, can be heard in an exclusive interview.

In addition, launch.com features daily news on artists such as Sheryl Crow, LL Cool J and more. if the artist you are looking for is not in the music news section, type their name in the search box. Odds are it will take you to a whole page on that artist. From there, you can click on links to buy their CDs, read album reviews and watch music videos (launch has over 6,100 of them).

If the artist has a new album coming out, launch.com will provide the opportunity to hear the album before it is released.

In addition to all of the aforementioned features, regularly featured trivia quizzes give visitors the opportunity to test their music knowledge. If you don’t know all of the answers now, chances are if you spend enough time at this site, you eventually will.

Since Launch.com is updated continually, it will prove to make you the most informed of the music industry among all of your friends.
_______________________________________________________________

https://www.moviesounds.com

“I’ll get you, my little pretty and your little dog too.” “Show me the money.” “They may take our lives but they’ll never take our freedom.”

We all might remember these lines coming from famous movies. However, to hear these well-known lines, it isn’t necessary to skim through the movies they derived from.

All one needs to do is visit moviesounds.com. This site features sound clips of quotes from over one hundred movies. Just a click of the mouse on a selected movie will bring viewers to a list of famous lines from the movie.

Movies of all genres including comedy, horror, drama and action are featured. Films range from the 1980’s (a la “Back to the Future” and “Weird Science”) to the present (i.e. “American Pie” and “Being John Malcovich”).

The audio files download quickly and last anywhere from a few seconds to over a minute. The sound quality of the clips is top rate. Despite the large selection of movie sounds, one disappointment is that obvious choices are absent. For instance, under Braveheart, “Everyman dies; not every man truly lives,” was missing, whereas more obscure lines from the film were present.

Moviesounds also contains a number of links to sites where the featured movies can be purchased on DVD or video. While at these sites, you can also buy soundtracks, posters and many other big-screen related items.

Overall, moviesounds is a fun site. But only an avid moviegoer can derive hours of pleasure from it. It is worth the visit just to listen to Tom Cruise sing “You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feeling” in Top Gun, or to hear the bagpipes from Braveheart. For those only mildly interested in movies, moviesounds is only useful as a temporary diversion and interest in the site will to start to wane after each subsequent visit.

Moviesounds is a worthwhile site to check out, but not one to spend much time at on a regular basis.

If you can’t fit both web reviews in print, I would like moviesounds to go in print.