WEB WATCH

Valentine’s Day 2001 is only six days away. If finding the right gift for that special someone is still left on your “to do list,” there is a variety of web sites where the perfect

Valentine’s Day 2001 is only six days away. If finding the right gift for that special someone is still left on your “to do list,” there is a
variety of web sites where the perfect gift can be found in a matter of minutes.

If your wallet is as big as your heart, a visit to Tiffany.com is a must. The gifts at this site will make any girls’ heart flutter. While most items are hardly within the budget of college students, there are a few items that may be affordable. The sterling silver heart tag charm bracelet, at $125, will surely go over well with that very special lady in your life.

For those who want to give something sweet, Godiva.com is a more suitable choice. While Tiffany’s diamonds are forever, Godiva’s chocolates are slightly easier on the wallet, and will be greatly appreciated. The site features a special Valentine’s Day Collection.

Prices range from $12.00 for the “Valentine’s Day one pound chocolates” to $125 for the 1 lb. 12 oz “Extra Large Romantic Heart.” Specially marked boxes provide the chance to win a 7.5-carat ring or one of 75 diamond line bracelets.

The site also features recipes for Godiva chocolate desserts. A homemade chocolate cheesecake may just be the perfect gift. Godiva.com is not strictly a place for guys to buy Valentine’s gifts for girlfriends.

Women out there should realize that food is the way to a man’s heart. Godiva.com is great for gifts for men as well.

Another option is a surprise bouquet of fragrant flowers. www.florist.com provides flower arrangements, gourmet baskets, fruit baskets, plants, and cookies. The site provides same day floral deliveries and e-mail delivery confirmations.

Florist.com has helpful features, such as “Flowers for Dummies,” to assist in ordering. Floral arrangements are recommended based on the stages of the relationship. Situations include the “secret admirer” bouquet and “teenage love” bouquet, as well as the “You got cheating!” bouquet, and “I got caught listening when they’re talking” bouquet. How very romantic.

For a more serious or involved relationship, lingerie may be the way to go. www.shoplisas.com sells sexy outfits, lingerie, and costumes. All lace, satin, leather, and fishnet revealing intimate wear can be found here. Domestic ground shipping is only $5.75; however, good knowledge of your significant other is necessary in sending a gift from this site. The somewhat pornographic nature of this lingerie could possibly result in one very offended lady friend.

A more sophisticated option is Victoriassecret.com. The items featured on the site are definitely more tasteful than those at shoplisas.com. Bras, panties, sleepwear, robes, beauty products, and swimwear come in a wide selection of colors and styles. The items are pricier than those at www.shoplisas.com, but classier.

While diamonds are forever, candy and flowers are touching, and lingerie is enticing, something more personal is offered at valentinesgifts.com. This
Site has a nice selection of picture frames, jewelry boxes, clocks, and wine bottles. Simply compose the sentiment you wish to appear on any one of these gifts. The gifts are relatively inexpensive, useful, and will be cherished forever.

No matter what gift is chosen from any of the above sites, it will surely be appreciated, because it came from the heart. After all, that is what Valentine’s Day is all about.