WEB WATCH

www.grammy.com www.billboard.com www.ubl.com www.pollstar.com _______________________________________________________________ On Wednesday, February 21st, the music industry will honor an eclectic group of recording artists for their musical achievements over the past year at the Grammy’s. With that in mind,

www.grammy.com
www.billboard.com
www.ubl.com
www.pollstar.com
_______________________________________________________________

On Wednesday, February 21st, the music industry will honor an eclectic group of recording artists for their musical achievements over the past year at the Grammy’s. With that in mind, here are a few sites worth visiting as that all-important day of music approaches.

The award show’s official site, Grammy.com contains every imaginable bit of information on the 2001 Grammys. The event will feature performances by artists like Destiny’s Child, Madonna, Santana and Faith Hill. Information on these artists, and many more, can be found at this site. The site also features information regarding the history of the Grammys, as well as a list of current nominees according to genre.

Another fun site worth checking out is billboard.com. This site equally represents all popular genres of music, including hip-hop, rock and pop.

Daily music news, concert info, tour and album reviews, and trivia are featured. Billboard.com is best known for its charts, which can be found at the site.

Typing in the name of an artist or group results in comprehensive information, including show reviews and articles. A preview of the upcoming Grammys can also be found at the site.

A somewhat less known, yet equally worthwhile web site is ubl.com. This site is similar to billboard.com but it features more unique contests.

The prize for one such contest is the chance to go backstage with Ricky Martin. Ubl.com features links to purchase albums, as well as the pre-sale of concert tickets. You can listen to mp3’s and new releases. The artist search, however, is not as easy to use as the one at billboard.com. It involves an alphabetical search, which is not as convenient as the search on the other music sites.

For more specific information on a particular group or artist, a visit to their personal web site is an even better idea. Virtually all bands out there have their own web sites. Grammy nominees Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, and Bon Jovi have sites named after themselves. For many this is a better option for information directly from the artist’s management or even the artists themselves.

For those more interested in seeing Grammy artists live, pollstar.com provides the ultimate information on live shows. While the site is less professional looking than the previous ones, it is easy to navigate and is very useful. A simple search by artist, city, or venue will present every upcoming tour date published

34,484 events and 4,778 artists are listed on the site.

Whether searching for an album, photos of favorite artists, or concert listings, all of the aforementioned web sites will prove valuable. A visit to these sites in time for the Grammy’s would be a good idea.

And now, may the acceptance speeches begin….