WEB WATCH

webtender.com barMeister.com thepartyroom.com healthstatus.com/bac.html With summer comes warm weather, the beach, parties, and of course, alcohol. Webtender.com can provide some great ideas for the perfect libation. Features include the weekly “Top 20 drinks” as determined

webtender.com
barMeister.com
thepartyroom.com
healthstatus.com/bac.html

With summer comes warm weather, the beach, parties, and of course, alcohol.

Webtender.com can provide some great ideas for the perfect libation. Features include the weekly “Top 20 drinks” as determined by the number of requests to the site. This week’s is the Long Island Iced Tea.

A forum enables the visitor to the site to discuss drink recipes. “The Bartender’s Handbook” provides a general overview of bartending and recipes for the most ordered, basic drinks. This is the perfect starting point for those considering working as a bartender this summer.

The “In My Bar” feature tells the visitor which beverages can be made based on the ingredients stocked. One can also browse countless drinks, and find drinks by name, liquor used, etc.

Barmeister.com contains even more information than webtender.com. Drinking games, like `Beirut’ and `Beer Frisbee’ are plentiful at this site.

Some of the rules/instructions for the games are complex for even a sober person to understand, so make sure you haven’t had anything to drink before you read the directions. Other drinking games are included under categories such as, “TV/Movie Games,” “Card Games,” and “Musical Games.” A particularly interesting one is the “Like Whoa” game. The rules are simple: Play Black Rob’s song, “Like Whoa” and every time he says, “whoa” drink up!

Bar reviews are also to be found at barmeister.com. In fact, our very own “Draught Horse” received a pretty good review. Reviews of bars are listed for all states, as well as Canada and Puerto Rico. Like webtender.com, a forum allows drink recipe swapping and general liquor discussions. The bookstore features liquor and bartending books available through amazon.com.

Thepartyroom.com isn’t a true “alcohol site,” but it is still fun. There is the option to look up mixed drink recipes, as well as an extensive list of shooter recipes, like “buttery nipple,” “lemon drop, “snake bite,” and many more.

If you know about drinks, but still aren’t the true life of the party, then the jokes found here might help out. Overall, the site doesn’t have a ton of options, but the music will keep you there for a while.

The site welcomes you with an instrumental version of Smashmouth’s “Walkin On the Sun” and Blackstreet’s “No Diggity.” A poem about drinking and driving is a truly heart wrenching aspect and will make visitors realize the stupidity of getting in a vehicle after a night of drinking.

To know your limits, a stop a healthstatues.com/bac.html is recommended. Enter in your sex, weight, the type of beverages consumed (vodka 1 oz, 12 oz beer, etc.), the number of drinks, and the time span. The calculator will instantly list the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) and the symptoms that should be noticed. For instance, a female weighing 125 pounds, who drank 5 vodka
beverages in a span of 3 hours would have a BAC of .18, according to the calculator, well past legally drunk.

The symptoms at .18 BAC include, “impairment of perception, impaired balance, slow reactions,and drowsiness.” The calculator is good to keep in mind when drinking this summer.

Remember, as long as you know your limits, you can enjoy the drinks found at the reviewed sites.

And now, without further ado, let’s drink to yet another wonderful summer ahead of us.