WEB WATCH

Are you looking for information on the Web about a specific topic? Chances are, going to Yahoo!, iWon or other search engines will be a waste of time. It’s likely that your search will come

Are you looking for information on the Web about a specific topic? Chances are, going to Yahoo!, iWon or other search engines will be a waste of time. It’s likely that your search will come up with a slew of unrelated and unusable sites.

Magellan.excite.com is one of the most effective Internet guides on the Web.

The best feature of this site is that it’s simple to use. Just clicking on any one of the headings will bring forth a list of numerous links to other Web sites. For instance, you can check your horoscope, find other information about astrological signs, check the weather (which is customized to your location) and keep up with current events by reading the news.

In a matter of 10 minutes, one is able to absorb so much information and get more out of the Web than ever before, all because of the user-friendliness of the site.

Chat rooms are featured where you can speak in Swedish and Brazilian, just to name a few languages. Viewers can even “gab” with fellow Phish heads by clicking on the link to Chris’ Phish Chat. Chat sites are listed for almost every band, movie, interest, or hobby. There are chat rooms for a international and American universities, including Temple University.

Students can talk to peers, plan their spring break vacations, get tips on researching and writing papers, and use the thesaurus, encyclopedia and dictionary. Chatting with fellow fraternity and sorority members across the country and visiting their chapter Web sites are other options, if you’re a member of a specific organization.

With Magellan.excite.com the possibilities are endless. It’s quick and easy to use. Visiting it will become a daily habit, and you may find yourself never going back to using other search engines again.