Where roommates go, drama follows

This week on The Real World, issues from last week seemed to still be potent. Shavonda was still angry that her “boyfriend,” Shaun had lied about going to see his ex-girlfriend while Landon was still

This week on The Real World, issues from last week seemed to still be potent. Shavonda was still angry that her “boyfriend,” Shaun had lied about going to see his ex-girlfriend while Landon was still reeling from the fiasco with his ex, Becky.

Shavonda called Shaun and expressed her anger telling Shaun that he made the effort to make the mistake and that she didn’t think things could ever be the same again.

Landon commented on Shavonda’s actions to MJ saying that the label of boyfriend and girlfriend is unclear and the fact that she calls him for hours a day is unhealthy.

Landon understood, though, that Shaun is Shavonda’s only support, and she is scared to give up what they have.

On a lighter note, MJ celebrated his twenty- fourth birthday, and his friend Will was in town for a visit. Will told Sarah MJ’s favorite breakfast, and she served it to him in bed. We also learned about a new personality that MJ has. “Muja Star,” a nickname that we can thank Willie for, is MJ’s superhero alter ego. He comes out when MJ is tired and has been out all night. He gains his power from the star tattoo on MJ’s back. When he is in danger, he throws it at his enemy, and they are dead before they know it. Maybe Sarah’s, “Ivana” and MJ’s, “Muja Star” can fight crime together.

For MJ’s birthday, the roommates decide to take a trip to Dave and Buster’s and have some fun. Landon took some time to himself by gazing out onto the Philly skyline and thinking about his loneliness. He mentioned that as you get older, “the window of opportunity for your heart gets smaller and smaller.”

Landon, MJ and Will decided to leave the girls and head to Coyote Ugly. Landon met one of the bartenders and brought her home. Things stayed PG-rated while the roommates sang happy birthday and ate cake, but things quickly turned when Landon and his coyote get busy in the hot tub and the shower. Shavonda was less than happy with Landon’s naughty behavior.

The next day, when Landon bid his coyote farewell, Shavonda started a fight with him about cleaning out the shower. He refused to do so because they didn’t have sex.

Shavonda gets angry and called Shaun again, complaining about Landon’s behavior. Are they back together? It isn’t completely clear but Shavonda received roses from Shaun and all seems to be well.

Is Shavonda’s faith in Landon also restored? That also isn’t completely clear. However, the episode ended with Landon and Vonda one on one like nothing was ever remotely wrong.

Things may have ended well this week but next week, emotions will run high as the roommates need to meet a deadline. Landon tries to take the lead but his roommates seem less than happy to follow.

Christine Olley can be reached at molley@temple.edu.