Where to Go to Buy What You Know – Philadelphia Record Exchange

Look no further than The Philadelphia Record Exchange at 618 S. 5th St., just below South Street. The Exchange houses one of, if not the most eclectic vinyl selections in the city. From classic soul

Look no further than The Philadelphia Record Exchange at 618 S. 5th St., just below South Street. The Exchange houses one of, if not the most eclectic vinyl selections in the city.

From classic soul and doo-wop to folk to classic rock, this place has everything. Plus, besides the mountains of bagged vinyl, the store offers a variety of rare and classic CDs.

There are three levels to the store and each floor is home to hundreds of dusty, graying vinyl. This is a record junkie’s nirvana. Stuffed bins line the walls. Unique and hard-to-find cuts abound, but it’ll take more than just a glance to find these treasures.

It may take a little time and a few surprises to unearth what lies hidden beneath the rubble. Even the savviest of collectors would salivate at the thought of such a collection.

Ageless treasures like The Clash’s Combat Rock and Stevie Wonder’s Songs In The Key Of Life are proudly displayed on the walls. The scent of decades of music history hangs in the air.

Downstairs, small tumbleweeds of dust waif through the air while an endless sea of vintage vinyl beckon customer’s attention. Sorting through this vast array is all-day affair, but it’s worth every surprise-filled minute.