Winter Break Haiku CD Reviews

Every semester, the entertainment desk at the Temple News is inundated with promotional CDs. Every type of music, every imaginable label. Bands we’ve all heard of. Bands nobody wants to hear of. Sure, we probably

Every semester, the entertainment desk at the Temple News is inundated with promotional CDs. Every type of music, every imaginable label. Bands we’ve all heard of. Bands nobody wants to hear of. Sure, we probably don’t get as much music as, say, Rolling Stone, but we get a fair amount of stuff nevertheless.

So much, in fact, that rarely has a semester gone by without leaving us a stack of CDs that we just didn’t have the time or space to review. So, in the interest of fairness and giving these artists the chance to have their voices heard, managing editor Neal Ramirez, opinion editor Jeremy Smith and myself went through every last album still sitting around at the end of the semester and wrote lots of haiku about what we heard.

There was plenty of garbage, but plenty of gems at the same time, and every day over winter break, a new one will be posted here at temple-news.com. So keep checking back to read about some of the best (and worst) bands you’ve never heard as told through the ancient Japanese art of poetry.

Older haiku not on the main page can be accessed on the entertainment page.

—John Vettese, Entertainment Editor