Women’s CitySix Watch

Drexel Record: 15-10, 10-4 Colonial Athletic Association, 2-1 Big 5 The Dragons split two games last week, beating visiting William & Mary, 54-38, Thursday but losing to No. 10 Old Dominion, 66-51, Sunday on the

Drexel
Record: 15-10, 10-4 Colonial Athletic Association, 2-1 Big 5
The Dragons split two games last week, beating visiting William & Mary, 54-38, Thursday but losing to No. 10 Old Dominion, 66-51, Sunday on the road. Sophomore Gabriela Marginean led the Dragons in scoring in both contests, registering 15 points against William & Mary and 20 points against Old Dominion. Drexel held William & Mary to only 25 percent shooting, but the Dragons didn’t fare much better in either game. They shot below 40 percent in both contests. Drexel will host Towson and George Mason this week.

La Salle
Record: 12-15, 4-8 Atlantic Ten Conference, 1-3 Big 5
La Salle knocked off host Rhode Island, 64-54, Wednesday but lost to visiting Xavier, 57-53, Saturday. The loss to Xavier snapped La Salle’s four-game winning streak. Senior Carlene Hightower, who won her third A-10 Player of The Week award last week, scored a career-high 32 points and hauled in a career-high tying 14 rebounds against Rhode Island. The Explorers will wrap up the season by hosting Saint Joseph’s and visiting Duquesne this week.

Penn

Record: 4-20, 1-8 Ivy League, 0-5 Big 5
Penn continued its slide with a pair of losses to Ivy League opponents, Dartmouth and Harvard, at home last week. The bottom-dwelling Quakers lost both games by double-digits, as Dartmouth cruised to a 62-47 win and Harvard coasted to a 76-54 victory. The Quakers next game is against Yale Friday.

Saint Joseph’s
Record: 14-12, 6-5 A-10, 3-2 Big 5
The Hawks lost to Temple, 63-60, at the Palestra Wednesday and fell to No. 17 George Washington, 61-53, four days later. Against Temple, the Hawks held the lead for most of the second half until Owls senior guard Ashley Morris took control. St. Joe’s allowed Morris to score eight straight points over the final two minutes, 43 seconds of the game. The Hawks tip off next Wednesday at La Salle.

Villanova

Record: 15-12, 5-9 Big East, 3-1 Big 5
The Wildcats lost both of its road games this week. Villanova dropped a game Tuesday to South Florida, 77-66, and lost again to West Virginia, 76-55, Saturday. The Wildcats will square off against Marquette at home Saturday.

– Todd Miller