Women’s CitySix Watch

Drexel Record: 17-11, 12-5 Colonial Athletic Association, 2-1 Big 5 The Dragons trailed by 11 points in the second half of the game against George Mason, but were able to upset the Patriots, 62-58 Sunday

Drexel
Record: 17-11, 12-5 Colonial Athletic Association, 2-1 Big 5
The Dragons trailed by 11 points in the second half of the game against George Mason, but were able to upset the Patriots, 62-58 Sunday on Senior Day. The win is Drexel’s 12th in the CAA, which ties the team’s 2004-2005 record for most conference victories. The Dragons are in a third-place tie in the CAA with Virginia Commonwealth.

La Salle
Record: 12-17, 4-10 Atlantic Ten Conference, 1-3 Big 5
The Explorers ended their season Saturday with a loss against Duquesne, 62-35. If the Explorers had won, they would have faced Saint Bonaventure in the first round of the Atlantic Ten Conference Championship. Instead, the Explorers will finish their season 12-17 overall and 4-10 in conference.

Penn
Record: 5-21, 2-9 Ivy League, 0-4 Big 5
The Quakers had not won a home game at the Palestra since Nov. 28, when they defeated Rider, 66-58. Seven games and 123 days later, Penn beat Brown Saturday, 56-45 at home. The Quakers took on an early 10-0 lead and never trailed during the second half. This weekend, the Quakers are slated to play Cornell and Columbia.

Saint Joseph’s
Record: 16-13, 8-6 Atlantic Ten Conference, 2-2 Big 5
The Hawks set the tone against Rhode Island Saturday and were able to maintain that advantage throughout the game, beating the Rams, 72-60. This was the final regular season game for both teams. The Hawks finished sixth in the A-10 and will play 11th-seeded Saint Louis at home Friday in the first round of the A-10 tournament.

Villanova
Record: 15-13, 5-10 Big East, 3-1 Big 5
The Wildcats dropped their game to Marquette Saturday, 71-64. The Senior Day game came with 19 lead changes and a late comeback rally by Villanova. The Wildcats have the chance to clinch a Big East Tournament berth. To do that, the Wildcats must defeat Louisville or hope that South Florida loses to Marquette.