Women’s track medals 10 times at Widener Invitational

Penn Relays remain as final regular season event on schedule.

Senior sprinter Isatta Kenneh and senior sprinter Jade Wilson combined to snatch the Temple women’s three team victories at the Widener Invitational on its second day (April 20).

Kenneh took the top spot in both the 100-meter dash and the 200-meter dash, checking in with times of 12.06 seconds and 24.72, respectively. Wilson earned top honors in the 400-meter hurdles, crossing at one minute, 2.55 seconds in taking the gold.

Senior sprinter Dia Dorsey and freshman sprinter Courtney Mitchell took third and fourth in the 100 with times of 12.73 and 12.93 seconds, respectively. Junior sprinter Gennie Depass checked in as the runner-up in the 200-meter dash behind Kenneh, crossing at 25.61.

Senior sprinter Tessa West took the runner-up spot in the 400 hurdles at 1:03.34, while sophomore hurdler Kaitlyn McSurdy took fifth with a mark of 1:05.49.

Senior sprinter Tonney Smith also took silver, crossing at 57.93 seconds as the runner-up in the 400-meter dash. Freshman thrower Alexis Kennedy earned a silver with her toss of 38.93 meters in the hammer throw.

Junior distance runner Anna Pavone and sophomore distance runner Jenna Dubrow took third and fourth in the 1500 meter run with times of 4:46.31 and 4:46.93, respectively.

In Friday events, Pavone took bronze with a 17:41.83 finish in the 5,000-meter run, while Dubrow checked in behind her at 17:59.82 for a sixth-place finish.

Freshman thrower Alexis Kennedy took fifth in the shot put with a toss of 11.82 meters. Kennedy also took sixth in the discus, turning in a mark of 34.72 meters to complete her day. Senior thrower Jennifer Abercrumbie followed up Kennedy with a 10.95-meter heave in the shot put, good for ninth-place.

The Owls medaled a combined 10 times, garnering three gold medals, four silvers and three bronze medals as a team.

The Owls will partake in their final regular season event of the season this weekend, April 25-27, when they take part in the Penn Relays at the University of Pennsylvania.

Andrew Parent can be reached at andrew.parent@temple.edu or on twitter @daParent93.