Word on the web

Anonymous on why Temple-accepted students opt not to come on Oct. 22 at 10:27 a.m. I think that it’s not that Temple’s academic reputation has gone down, but rather more academically talented kids with higher

Anonymous on why Temple-accepted students opt not to come on Oct. 22 at 10:27 a.m.
I think that it’s not that Temple’s academic reputation has gone down, but rather more academically talented kids with higher aspirations are finally considering Temple as an option, even perhaps as a safety school. For those kids, their first choice might be Cornell. And if they get into Cornell, the non-enrollers are not saying that Temple has a bad reputation, but rather Cornell or whatever Tier 1 school they got into has a better reputation than Temple, which is reasonable. If you looked at non-enroller surveys for other schools in the area (Drexel, Penn State, etc) you’d probably find similar results. Heck, even if you look at Cornell non-enrollers some of them will probably state academic reputation as their main reason, but only because they got into Harvard.

realist on a letter to the editor emphasizing the importance of the green fee on Oct. 20 at 9:09 a.m.
How about serving less meat in the cafeteria and more veggies? Cows cause far more environmental pollution through methane emission and land reallocation than any other source.

Cameron on the pros of Geert Wilders’ appearance on Oct. 20 at 11:18 p.m.
Personally, I am glad that Wilders still showed up to give his speech. In the future, more students should come to senate meetings if they want their opinions to be heard. There was far more representation on the side of MSA and Wilders protestors than any like the comments on this article. Ultimately, the Senate plays a crucial role in making events like these happen. From the funding of these events to the handling of qualms of different student organizations, TSG provides an open forum that can only really exist if Temple students get involved. Meetings are on Mondays in room 200A of the Student Center at 4 pm.

Doreen Hardy on Sarah Sanders’ stance that “diversity stems from taboo topics” on Oct. 20 at 9:34 a.m.
You are confusing diversity with stupid. Ingesting alcohol through the rectum bypasses the liver and can therefore magnify the effects of alcohol. Should someone up the ante with a vodka enema they might die. As for vodka tampons, I imagine it would at the very least mess with the pH of the vaginal lining inviting yeast infection. Novelty is not diversity.