WWE superstar has ‘lock’ on Philly self-defense tips

In the world according to World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Chris Masters, the most perfect physical specimen on that planet is himself, any everyday mugging can be prevented by a chin lock, and Paris Hilton’s posterior

In the world according to World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Chris Masters, the most perfect physical specimen on that planet is himself, any everyday mugging can be prevented by a chin lock, and Paris Hilton’s posterior is not up to par.

Chris Masters, better known as “The Masterpiece,” first burst onto the WWE scene early in 2005 by breaking the nose of Steven Richards using his patented “Master Lock” move. Masters has since offered an open challenge, offering anyone that can break out of his Master Lock varying amounts of cash and has been working his way up the WWE ladder ever since.

Wrestlemania is Sunday, April 2 and Masters is teaming with Carlito to challenge Big Show & Kane for the World Tag Team Championship. But who is Chris Masters and why does he want to put Jessica Simpson in a full nelson hold? The Masterpiece took a break from his quest for the title to talk with The Temple News.

TTN: There are many kids in college who grew up watching wrestling, but stopped when they got older. What would you say to them to suck them back in the world of the WWE?

CM: I went through that phase too. I remember being a big fan in my middle school years, but going into high school it faded.

Usually fans get caught up in a story line. Everyone that I talk to fan-wise that used to watch it, stopped, but then get back into it, and when they get back into it they are lifers.

Or, in an extreme case like me, you become a pro wrestler [laughs].

It’s perfect mix for any guy: You have drama and captivating story lines … It’s the entertainment between … the entrances [as well as] the athleticism.

You can watch a football and basketball game, but it won’t live up to the hype. WWE has the luxury that it’s entertainment so it usually doesn’t disappoint.

TTN: A fan site of yours says: Jessica Simpson, Tara Reid, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are just some of the “hot” celebrities who want Chris Masters in the sack. Can you confirm or deny this?

CM: I got to say, honestly, I’m kind of flattered, but neither one of those women are up to par with The Masterpiece. Jessica [Simpson] has been whoring it up quite a bit.

I got one mamacita that those girls can’t even compare to. Besides, I’m not into blondes. I like dark hair and tan women more.

I would probably Master Lock all of them … and what’s Paris Hilton even famous for? Paris Hilton has no ass.

TTN: What’s the going rate for breaking the Master Lock?

CM: Um, right now? $9.24 – times are tough [laughs]. The last time we did Master-Lock challenge it was $20,000. Of course it wasn’t my money.

TTN: What goes through your head when your entrance music hits?

CM: Lots of things. Usually I walk out and I take in the crowd and look up to the top.

After I take in the crowd for a minute then say to myself, ‘It’s time to rock this joint.’ You definitely have butterflies.

TTN: What four wrestling moves should every college student know to defend themselves?

CM: First a double leg takedown, and of course the Master Lock. Then the drop toehold and the chin lock.

I was a bouncer before I was a wrestler, and used to Master Lock or some variation several times.

It depends if you want to restrain them or do you want to beat someone.

Of course as a bouncer, you just wanted to restrain them.

Sean Blanda can be reached at scblanda@gmail.com.