Your Crap Here

I want to thank Glenn Reitz and Torin Sweeney for focusing on problems with the use of public space and student money at Temple’s Main Campus. I have long been able to screen out credit

I want to thank Glenn Reitz and Torin Sweeney for focusing on problems with the use of public space and student money at Temple’s Main Campus. I have long been able to screen out credit card hawkers, libertarians, and Reverend Steve (AKA Fornicator X — has he been indicted yet?), but the in the past two years the obscene number of vendors and the annual Aborto-palooza display have been hard to ignore.

Further, while I too take exception to the vendors in the Student Center and at the Bell Tower, I am more outraged by the vendors who are allowed to take over the Tuttleman Learning Center. There is no excuse for allowing these people to shill their (sweatshop produced) goods in the area adjacent to both lecture halls and the library. Nor is there reason to use GAF funds (which I have no choice but to pay) to subsidize their sales.

While these two articles (and this letter) bring these issues to light, someone needs to take action. Perhaps TSG could spend some of their valuable time actually doing some student governing.

Robert T. O’Brien