The Temple News is celebrating its 100th year of publication! For 100 years The Temple News has used its editorial independence to serve as a watchdog for Temple and North Central communities. We’re celebrating our centennial by hosting seminars, speaker series, events, workshops and more, which will be open to all Temple students, faculty and staff. Register for events, find ways to get involved and learn more below. To stay up to date, follow The Temple News on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Donations

Donations are welcome in support of The Temple News celebrating 100 years of publication, which will allow our staff to continue pursuing their mission of being a watchdog for the Temple community. Please consider contributing to the endowed funds for the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor positions for staff in years to come.

Events

Thursday, Nov. 18, 3-4:15 p.m., EST/12–1:15 p.m., PST

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Sports Reporting Seminar

Join The Temple News on Thursday, Nov. 18 at 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. for our Sports Reporting Seminar featuring alumni, including Kevin Negandhi ’97, Terry Taylor ’74, Ray Didinger ’68, EJ Smith ’17 and Howard Bryant ’91 as they discuss their careers covering sports and how the industry has changed

Past Events

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Reporting from the 60s, 70s and 80s

Tuesday, Sept. 28 from 4-5 p.m., EST

Alumni Richard Leiby, KLN ’78, editor at The Washington Post; Ellie Fisher, KLN ’73, author and former United Press International editor; and Irv Randolph, KLN ’81, managing editor at the Philadelphia Tribune, discussed how they tackled covering the issues of their eras.

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Reporting from the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s

Friday, Oct. 1 from 4-5 p.m., EST

Pulitzer Prize-winning alumni Kurtis Lee, KLN ’09, national correspondent at the LA Times; Kristen Graham, KLN ’00, education reporter at The Philadelphia Inquirer; and Joby Warrick, KLN ’82, national security reporter at The Washington Post, discussed how they tackled covering the issues of their era.

Homecoming Football Game

Saturday, Oct. 2 from 8 a.m. to noon, EST

Alumni visited The Temple News’ tent at Lincoln Financial Field, where the paper’s current staff handed out prizes and copies of the 100th anniversary edition of the parer.

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Political Reporting Seminar

Wednesday, Oct. 20 from 6-7 p.m., EST

Alumni Tom Ferrick ’70, Marsha Cooke ’87, Chris Brennan ’00 and Holly Otterbein ’14 discussed how they’ve covered politics throughout their careers.