The Temple News is celebrating its 100th year of publication! For 100 years The Temple News has used its editorial independence to serve as a watchdog for Temple and North Central communities. We’re celebrating our centennial by hosting seminars, speaker series, events, workshops and more, which will be open to all Temple students, faculty and staff. Register for events, find ways to get involved and learn more below. To stay up to date, follow The Temple News on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Donations

Donations are welcome in support of The Temple News celebrating 100 years of publication, which will allow our staff to continue pursuing their mission of being a watchdog for the Temple community. Please consider contributing to the endowed funds for the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor positions for staff in years to come.

Events

Tuesday, September 28, 4–5 p.m., EST/1–2 p.m., PST

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Reporting From the 60s, 70s and 80s  

Alumni Richard Leiby, KLN ’78, editor at The Washington Post, Ellie Fisher, KLN ’73, Irv Randolph KLN ’81 managing editor at the Philadelphia Tribune and others discuss how some of our former reporters tackled covering issues including Watergate, the Civil Rights Movement and many others.

Friday, October 1, 4–5 p.m., EST/1–2 p.m., PST

The Temple News Centennial Speaker Series: Reporting From the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s

Pulitzer Prize-winning alumni Kurtis Lee, KLN ’09, national correspondent at the LA Times; Kristen Graham, KLN ’99, education reporter at The Philadelphia Inquirer; and Joby Warrick, KLN ’82, national security reporter at the Washington Post, discuss how reporters tackled covering issues including The War on Terror, criminal justice, education and many others.

Homecoming Football Game, Saturday, October 2

The Klein College Alumni Association and Temple News will have a tent at Tailgate Village this year in Lot K at Lincoln Financial Field—make sure to stop by and chat with fellow alumni and grab the Temple News 100th Anniversary special edition before the game.