Homecoming hook-up

Don’t get left out in the cold this year. Here’s a complete list of events to help you get your Cherry and White on during Homecoming Week. Wednesday, October 12 Tee’s for Temple U 11

Don’t get left out in the cold this year. Here’s a complete list of events to help you get your Cherry and White on during Homecoming Week.

Wednesday, October 12

Tee’s for Temple U

11 a.m.

Bell Tower

Trade another university’s T-shirt for a Temple T-shirt. All donations will be given to charities.

Conversation with Larry Magid

5:30 p.m.

Paley Library Lecture Hall

Come see an interview with Larry Magid, co-founder of the Electric Factory. There will be a reception and book-signing after the event.

Greek Showcase

7 p.m.

Mitten Hall

The fraternities and sororities on Main Campus will be putting on their yearly talent showcase.

Thursday, October 13

5k Run/1 Mile Fun Walk

12 p.m.

13th Street and Pollett Walk

Sponsored by Campus Safety, join fellow Owls for some good, old-fashioned exercise. Trophies and prizes will be awarded, and every participant receives a free T-shirt.

Sixth Annual Homecoming Pageant

7 p.m.

Mitten Hall, Great Court

Free admission with TUid; Non-students may purchase tickets in Mitten Hall. This year’s Royalty Court will compete head-to-head for the coveted King’s and Queen’s crown.

Friday, October 14

Gallery of Success Awards

12 p.m.

Mitten Hall, Great Court

$25 per person

Each school and college will award alumni for their achievements post-graduation. Registration is available online.

Pep Rally and Barbecue

4-6 p.m.

Liacouras Walk

Free food, music, games and competitions will enliven the heart of Main Campus to pump up the crowd for Saturday’s football game against Buffalo.

Movie Night on Beury Beach

6:30 p.m.

Beury Beach

Catch an outdoor screening under the stars, though we doubt you’ll be able to see them, complete with free refreshments.

Saturday, October 15

Mudslingers Sale

10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Tyler School of Art

Mudslingers – a club in Tyler that sells handmade pottery – will be selling some of its wares, with proceeds providing funds

for lectures and new tools for the school.

Temple vs. Buffalo Homecoming Game

1 p.m. kickoff

Lincoln Financial Field

Join fellow Owls and the Cherry Crusade to cheer for victory. Tickets are still available at the Liacouras Center box office.

Homecoming Concert

7:30 p.m.

Liacouras Center

$18 for students; $28 general admission

Main Campus Program Board and Student Activities joined forces to bring Kid Cudi to the Liacouras Center. Tickets are still available online.

Sunday, October 16

Parents and Family Brunch

11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Mitten Hall, Great Court

$25 per person

Parents and students are invited to the Great Court for brunch and live jazz to bring Homecoming Week to a close.

Community Service Project

1-3 p.m.

Sullivan Hall steps

Community Garden volunteer, students and alumni will work in the Main Campus and Sonia Sanchez gardens to prepare the gardens for winter and plant new flowers.