10 MOST INFLUENTIAL CELEBRITIES IN 2000

10) Jay-Z: Infamous for making the clubs bounce and shake with multiple hits including “Big Pimpin.” Philadelphians can buy Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line at Black Roc located at fourth and South streets. 9) N’ Sync:

10) Jay-Z: Infamous for making the clubs bounce and shake with multiple hits including “Big Pimpin.” Philadelphians can buy Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line at Black Roc located at fourth and South streets.

9) N’ Sync: Their sensitive lyrics and charm melt the hearts of female fans and landed them a “best choreography” award for the “Bye, Bye, Bye” video at the MTV Music Awards this year.

8) Sade: This Nigerian/ English born singer is currently heating up CD players across the globe with her much-anticipated November release Lovers Rock.

7) Destiny’s Child: The controversy surrounding the group bought them more notoriety than ever. The now trio Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle are blowing up the charts with the singles “Jumpin’ Jumpin'” “Say My Name” and “Independent Woman.”

6) Jennifer Lopez: Lopez has gone from a “fly girl” (“In Living Color”) to mega star with her album On the 6 and her role in the summer thriller “The Cell.”

5) Eminem: This controversial and sometimes comical lyricist from Detroit continues to make people think and laugh with his current release The Marshall Mathers LP, receiving awards such as Album of the Year, Lyricist of the Year (Source Magazine) and Spin’s Artist of the Year among others.

4) Backstreet Boys: These pop sensations still hold a special place in the hearts of young women around the world. They’ve once again hit the scene with their new release Black and Blue, currently the number one album in the country. So get out the tissue girls because they’re back!

3) Jim Carrey: With the hilarious summer movie release “Me, Myself and Irene” and current release “The Grinch,” Carey remains a favorite amongst moviegoers.

2) Britney Spears: Oops, she’s done it again. Spears has come a long way from pleated skirts and knee-high socks. She’s now setting young boys’ hearts on fire with her current single “Stronger” on the Oops! I Did It Again release.

1) Al Gore and George W. Bush: And the 43rd president of the United States is…. My guess is just as good as yours. The debate on the Florida recount continues while American citizens continue to wait in suspense.