Bar Review: Smith’s Bar

Smith’s Bar 3300 Kensington Ave. 215-634-0121 Smith’s doesn’t have the same over-the-top sports bar scene you’d typically expect. The place has a rustic ambiance and classic pub feeling to it. There are still big flat

Smith’s Bar
3300 Kensington Ave.
215-634-0121

Smith’s doesn’t have the same over-the-top sports bar scene you’d typically expect. The place has a rustic ambiance and classic pub feeling to it. There are still big flat screen TVs, but the look melds the two bar scenes together.

The people who frequent this place are more than likely going to be sports fans. There are always events for Flyers games and specials for $2 Molson Canadian bottles and $3 Canadian Ice picks. However, after looking around the bar and doing some people watching, the bar also appeals to those who are looking to unwind and just relax. For the working crowd, they are open late until 2 a.m. If you get off of work late in the evening, this is the perfect place to go for a late night drink.

Now to the important part: cost of drinks. A bottle of Yuengling will go for $2 or $3 when they’re on special. Mixed drinks and liquor will end up costing you around $6 to $7 and will cost around $5 on specialty nights. Most items are within a rather modest price range – not cheap, not too expensive.

Happy hour begins at 5 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Every Saturday, DJ Sean Thomas provides music along with special guests.

This bar is definitely best for anyone looking to relax, unwind, get together with friends or watch a game. Smith’s provides good drinks, decent food and simple enjoyment for just about anyone.

Stephen Kimmerly can be reached at stephen.kimmerly@temple.edu.