Bringing new nightlife to Philly

Think of denim. Does John Wayne swaggering around in a pair of Levis come to mind? Perhaps a Calvin Klein ad? Now there’s a place that brings new meaning to the material. Located less than

Think of denim.

Does John Wayne swaggering around in a pair of Levis come to mind?

Perhaps a Calvin Klein ad?

Now there’s a place that brings new meaning to the material.

Located less than a block away from Rittenhouse Square, at 1712 Walnut St., the Denim Lounge is the new benchmark of Philly style.

“Philadelphia needed a destination,” according to Denim interior designer Jeff Low.

With his impressive and massively extravagant designs, Low certainly provided one.

Denim is composed of six distinct lounge areas, which appear to splinter from the one large open lounge space.

Each individual area has its own unique atmosphere.

The exclusive VIP mezzanine parlor is high and mighty above the rest and overlooks the entire lounge.

This area features a private entrance from Chancellor Street, full security staff and European bottle service.

“There is a separate entrance to the VIP, so that guests are never forced to mingle with the little people,” said Denim publicist Jennifer Koons.

The new luxe lounge is truly for the swankiest of guests.

“Any atmosphere can be achieved for the right people and for the right price,” Koons said.

Denim opens its doors Tuesday through Sunday, serves dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. and last call is at 2 a.m.

Denim executive chef Scott McLeod has crafted a choice menu, suitable only for the members of the highest level of the social stratosphere.

From pork spring rolls to lobster, dinner is decadent.

Denim is about creating a new image for Philly.

“Now it’s the red, white and denim,” said Low.

Find out more about Denim at www.denimlounge.com.

John Mortimer can be reached at jmort@temple.edu.
Caitlin Ryan can be reached at cryan002@temple.edu