Elevator phone gabbers beware

If you’ve ever been stuck in an elevator with someone who insists on yapping away on their cell phone, you may fall in love with the new CJAM 1000 from CellAntenna. The CJAM 1000 will

If you’ve ever been stuck in an elevator with someone who insists on yapping away on their cell phone, you may fall in love with the new CJAM 1000 from CellAntenna.

The CJAM 1000 will not only turn off the phone of the elevator riding socialite, it can knock out reception for the whole building.

With a jamming radius of up to one kilometer, the CJAM could create a whole lot of frustrated students. It even has an option to allow cell phone use in some areas while blocking it in others.

The prank potential is just off the charts, but unfortunately CellAntenna sells only to government organizations. So unless your dad is in the FBI, your only defense against an annoying cell phone user is a cold death-like stare.

LG’s LG550 musicphone

The LG550 musicphone went ahead and did what everyone was thinking about anyway: combining the iPod and the cell phone. While not an official Apple phone, the design is suspiciously similar to that of Apple’s MP3 player.

The phone features a 1.3 megapixel camera and will have a removable faceplate. It will also allow you to create a ring tone by humming into the microphone.

There’s even an FM transmitter included for listening to music in your car. So if you want to get rid of that bulge in your pants (the one created by your iPod and cell phone, sicko) keep a look out for LG550. It’s due to arrive in the United States during the second quarter.

The A-Bike by Daka

For all you kids who prefer to bike to school but think bike racks are a pain, the A-Bike might just save you some trouble. You’ll no longer use the “carry around one tire” method as the A-bike conveniently folds up.

While a folding bike is nothing new, this one weighs only 12 pounds. The company also claims that it only takes 10 seconds to unfold.

The chain system is also totally enclosed, but the design is a little out of the ordinary, which may either get people to stare at you and admire your coolness, or call you a dork under their breath.

The A-Bike is only listed as “coming soon” on the company’s Web site, but given the considerable attention it has received from the blogosphere it should be made available soon.

Sean Blanda can be reached at scblanda@gmail.com