Forgot phone number & word limit

Sorry, I forgot to include my phone number w/Letter to the Editor: 215.627.3955 I also realized that my previous submission was more than 150 words. I’ve edited it down to fit: TEMPLE NEWS POLARIZES STUDENTS

Sorry, I forgot to include my phone number w/Letter to the Editor:
215.627.3955

I also realized that my previous submission was more than 150 words. I’ve edited it down to fit:

TEMPLE NEWS POLARIZES STUDENTS WITH ARTICLE THAT MISSES THE POINT

Leah Blewett’s article with the headline “Filmmaker Michael Moore polarizes students with ‘Slacker Uprising'” reads like a partisan article in favor of Republican activists.

Characterizing the event as a “forum not only for the major political parties but for groups as varied as the ‘Free Mumia’ movement and ‘ACT,’ a voter registration group” is blatantly inaccurate. Moore thanked ACT for their voter registration efforts at the end of the event. When Moore was interrupted by Free Mumia chants, he said he thought everyone there probably agreed that Mumia deserves a re-trial, but asked everyone to show some respect for the real reason we gathered-to listen to the stories of Iraq war veterans (including one from Bethlehem, PA) and parents (from Wilkes-Barre, PA) who lost their son, a former member of the WMD Search Team in Iraq.

Temple News made the editorial choice to mislead and sensationalize rather than actually report on anything Moore or his guests said. Shame on you, Leah Blewett! You’ve got a bright future ahead of you at Fox News.

Imogen Wirth-Granlund
B.A. ’04 GUS/ACMA