Fox MBA ranked #1 for value

Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Management’s MBA program ranks first in the United States for “Value for Money”, according to The Financial Times’ 2005 college rankings, released Monday, Jan. 24. The “Value for

Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Management’s MBA program ranks first in the United States for “Value for Money”, according to The Financial Times’ 2005 college rankings, released Monday, Jan. 24.

The “Value for Money” ranking is determined by looking at “the salary earned by alumni three years after graduation and course costs, including the opportunity cost of not working for the duration of the course,” according to The Financial Times’ Web site.

Among business schools around the world, Fox ranked No. 16 in the “Value for Money” category. The University of Oxford’s Said Business School was ranked 1.

The Financial Times also ranked the Fox MBA program in the top 50 of the United States and No. 74 for MBA programs internationally. Fox beat out other MBA programs including the University of California, Davis, the University of South Carolina’s Moore School of Business and the Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business.

The Fox MBA was also the highest ranked new entry on The Financial Times’ list. The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, which ranked first in the world, and Fox are the only full-time MBA programs in the region to be ranked in the top 100 for business schools worldwide.

The Fox school has two full-time MBA programs: the Fox MBA (a traditional two-year program) and the Fox International MBA (a two-year, accelerated, international program).

Fox also earned high marks from The Financial Times for “Career Mobility,” “International Progress” and “International Exposure,” ranking among the top three in the United States in those categories. Having classes with other international students “makes me want to learn” says Reiko Shiraishi, a Fox student originally from Japan.

“We are pleased that Financial Times has recognized our full-time MBA programs as exceptional programs that prepare graduates for the global economy. Being ranked by this prestigious publication is a testament to the exceptional quality of our students, faculty, staff and alumni, and the great value of a Fox MBA,” M. Moshe Porat, dean of the Fox School, said in a statement.

Fox’s Executive MBA program for working professionalswas also ranked in the top 20 for EMBA programs in the United States and the top 10 for salaries earned by alumni.

“An EMBA program is a significant investment, especially in today’s economy…we are pleased that The Financial Times has concluded what our current students and alumni already know – a Fox EMBA is an excellent investment,” Robert F. Bonner, executive director of the MBA and MS programs at Fox, said.

This year was the fourth consecutive year Fox’s EMBA program earned The Financial Times’ ranking.

Forbes.com ranked Fox in their list of the top 75 business schools in the world. U.S. News and World Report ranked Fox’s MBA program 67 in the United States and Fox’s undergraduate program 83 in the United States.

The Princeton Review, Entrepreneur-ship Magazine and The Institute have also ranked Fox’s programs and faculty for scientific information.

Brendan I. Keegan can be reached at bkeegan@temple.edu.