Free speech shouldn’t mean free reign

The North American Man-Boy Love Alliance (NAMBLA) and its supporters are in favor of legalizing sex between men and boys as young as eight years old. That would mean that an adult anywhere from the

The North American Man-Boy Love Alliance (NAMBLA) and its supporters are in favor of legalizing sex between men and boys as young as eight years old.

That would mean that an adult anywhere from the age of 18 to 80 could have sex with a third-grader.

The organization is involved in a $200 million dollar lawsuit with the parents of a ten-year-old boy who was lured into a car by Salvatore Sicari and Charles Jaynes.

Jaynes, a NAMBLA member, said he became “obsessed” with having sex with boys after joining the group.

The two men killed the boy when he resisted.

Then they drove the body from Massachusetts to Maine, and dumped the corpse in a river.

This vile faction is being supported by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in their multi-million-dollar court case.

The ACLU is one of the most respected free-speech organizations in the world.

They have been quoted as saying, “Regardless of whether people agree with or abhor NAMBLA’s views, holding the organization responsible for crimes committed by others who read their materials would gravely endanger our important first amendment rights.”

Did I hear that correctly?

That would mean Americans have become so liberal in supporting first-amendment rights and “alternative” lifestyles that we now pardon the sexual abuse and murder of innocent children.

To the ACLU, I imagine, freedom of speech is more important than the safety of children.

This ridiculous swing toward protecting individual rights is disgusting.

I’m a supporter of free speech and the rights of Americans as much as the next guy.

But when a national organization supports a group of pedophiles, I am insulted.

In his book “No Spin Zone,” MSNBS’s Bill O’ Reilly (host of the “O’Reilly Factor”), sites several examples where first-amendment rights have been used to defend such controversial issues.

O’Reilly, who adamantly stands against NAMBLA, states in his text, “The heartbreak of any child damaged by an adult is spread from coast to coast immediately and the experts start prattling, some of them sympathetic to the ‘disease’ or ‘condition’ of the victimizer.”

O’ Reilly continues, “Behavior that would have been roundly condemned 40 years ago is now ‘understood’ or in some cases even accepted.”

I am happy with the more liberal views that this country has been taking, but these unautocratic stands towards “acceptance” of horrible crimes should not be tolerated.

There is a line between mentally ill and downright sick, and more people should start making that distinction.

Having sex with boys as young as eight years old should receive no sympathy from any rational human being.

As Chris Rock said in his “Bigger and Blacker” comedy routine, “What happened to crazy? What, you can’t be crazy no more? Did we eliminate crazy from the dictionary?”

Chris, I wish I could tell you.

Brandon Lausch can be reached at temple_news@hotmail.com