Hate men? Become feminist

The full-time working woman earns 71 cents to her male peer’s dollar. And, 26 states have no women serving in the 106th Congress. But, the fringe movement known as feminism has overshadowed these gross inequalities

The full-time working woman earns 71 cents to her male peer’s dollar.

And, 26 states have no women serving in the 106th Congress.

But, the fringe movement known as feminism has overshadowed these gross inequalities and the movements that wholeheartedly intend to equalize and liberate women.

Feminism, at its very core, strives for gender equality by bridging the gap between sexes, all while celebrating their differences.

However, that movement is long gone.

Fringe ideologues have stolen feminism, and what has ensued has been disastrous.

Christina Hoff Sommers, one of feminism’s harshest critics, has said that, “one of the most vicious libels against men was the phony claim that battering causes more birth defects than all other causes combined.”

The statistics, attributed to the March of Dimes, claimed that battering caused more birth defects than Tay-Sachs, spinal bifida, Down’s syndrome and alcohol.

But, after Sommers called the March of Dimes, they emphatically stated that they’ve never heard the research before, and that the rumor was “spinning out of control.”

However, Sommers also found out that their office had been a virtual sea of phone calls from politicians and journalists begging for the stats.

As she put it, ‘That’s the interesting thing – everyone wanted that report.

Not only are they libeling men, but everybody wants it. There is a market for incendiary statistics that implicate men as monsters.”

Not only have statistics been misused to aid the plight of women, but more subtle quips have been aimed at bashing men.

Katie Couric, co-host of NBC’s Today show once asked a bride who was left at the altar by her fiancĂ©, ‘Have you ever considered castration as an option?”

The muse, overlooked by many across the nation, struck Warren Farrell, author of ‘Women Can’t Hear What Men Don’t Say,” as troubling.

In his book, he wondered what would have happened if Couric’s fellow anchor Matt Lauer would have asked a groom, ‘Have you ever considered cutting off her breasts?”

The answer is simple. Lauer would have been branded as sexist, ostracized across the nation, and eventually fired.

As Farrell points out, women now have the ‘license to overkill,” where ‘[they] can say just about anything [they] want about the oppressors.

And get away with it.”

A prime example is New York Times reporter Natalie Angier who wrote: ‘Women may not find this surprising, but one of the most persistent and frustrating problems in evolutionary biology is the male. Specifically…why doesn’t he just
go away?”

It has also been reported in the Times that black males between the ages of 14 and 24 make up 1.1 percent of the population, but account for more than 28 percent of the homicides in our country.

Should I then ask, ‘Why don’t young black males just go away?”
Of course not.

As author Harry Stein so eloquently stated, ‘The reason one question is supposed to be legitimate and the other isn’t, is that blacks (or gays or women) haven’t lived the life of privilege and power that (white) men supposedly have.

The license to overkill lets Ms. Angier and the Times ask dopey questions about whether men ‘are worth it’ but would never allow someone to ask another bigoted question.”

The strides feminism has made should be commended; women have even surpassed men in certain critical areas.

It’s just a shame some feminists have taken the lead in sexism as well.

Brandon Lausch an be reached at Goskateboarding2000@hotmail.com.