It’s raining men for Karamo and Willie

Marta Rusek Staff Writer “The Real World: Pure entertainment” It’s just another day in the life of the seven strangers living on Arch Street. In this episode, MJ is still tired of Sarah coming onto

Marta Rusek

Staff Writer

“The Real World: Pure entertainment”

It’s just another day in the life of the seven strangers living on Arch Street. In this episode, MJ is still tired of Sarah coming onto him, Sarah is tired of MJ not being madly in love with her, Melanie is tired of Landon, Landon is tired of Melanie, Shavonda is tired of being controlled by her ex-boyfriend back home and Karamo is tired of being alone. Willie is still Willie, the happy-go-lucky member of the group that we’ll never get tired of.

Willie finds another reason to be happy when Dan, his long-distance personal flight attendant boyfriend drops by for a visit. Plenty of hugging and kissing, and happy words were exchanged. The audience can’t help but love Willie even more.

Lucky for Karamo, love finds him when he visits the Philadelphia Sports Club. It’s Dorian, the hunky aerobics instructor, who catches his eye. What starts out as innocent flirting turns into a hot, hands-on encounter later on the dance floor at Pure nightclub, a popular gay club between 12th and 13th streets. When the evening ends, and Karamo and Dorian go their separate ways, a jubilant Willie remarks, “Maybe I won’t be the only one gettin’ some action tomorrow!”

A few dates and a stroll on Market Street later, Karamo and Dorian seem to be developing quite a bond. Karamo seems to be enjoying himself, but he can’t seem to be himself when he’s around his new beau.

While Karamo looks forward to his budding relationship with Dorian, he feels held back by the presence of the cameras. “They’re all up in my face,” he said.

Poor Karamo. It’s not easy being gay in The Real World.

In next week’s episode, Shavonda and Landon hit a bump in the road when Landon’s drinking wreaks havoc on their budding relationship.

Marta Rusek can be reached at mrusek@temple.edu.