Lieberman: Student suggests using promo codes

Lieberman talks promotional codes with this week’s stylish student.

MAURA LIEBERMAN
Christina Phan said her style is her own and not inspired by any fashion blogs. | Luis Fernando Rodriguez TTN

Promotional codes, which give discounts to online shoppers, can be very advantageous. They can be used to get free shipping or gain a certain deduction off of a total purchase.

Freshman undeclared major Christina Phan said she isn’t afraid of overspending when she shops online for cool and comfortable clothing for the fall. She talked with The Temple News to discuss her success during online shopping sessions in which she used promotional codes.

Armed with the ability to get good deals in and out of the physical store, she is able to maintain her eye-catching fashion palate. I spotted her great shoes from the other side of the Bell Tower, even without my contacts in.

The Temple News: How would you describe your overall style?

Christina Phan: I wear anything that catches my eye and that I also think is cute.

TTN: Where did you get your outfit from?

CP: My leggings are from H&M, my jacket is from my cousin and my shirt is also from H&M. I bought my shoes online at GoJane.com.

TTN: Are you excited for any trends this upcoming fall?

CP: I’m excited to start wearing scarves and jackets and to start layering.

TTN: Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

CP: I mostly just shop online and buy things that I personally see and like, such as these shoes I’m currently wearing. I don’t get a lot of my inspiration from any blogs or magazines. I just buy what I like.

TTN: Do you have any advice for college students on a budget?

CP: Students should go online and use promo codes. When you go online, you can type in the store you are interested in buying items from and add on the word “promo code” to find some great deals. I search on Google and see which deals I can get.

Maura Lieberman can be reached at maura.lieberman@temple.edu.