OUT OF TOKENS, FIND A PLACE FOR TOKIN’

Everyone is always complaining that there’s nothing to do on campus whenever the weekend rolls around but that is completely untrue. There are plenty of great places to go hang out and pass around the

Everyone is always complaining that there’s nothing to do on campus whenever the weekend rolls around but that is completely untrue.

There are plenty of great places to go hang out and pass around the old peace pipe. The art of conversation is said to have been lost with the MTV generation, but stoners the world around would definitely disagree with this erroneous accusation by the elders in society.

Finding a chill location to sit in the sun and catch a buzz is a perfect opportunity to catch up on old times and talk about the future. Since the government hasn’t caught on to the fact that the drug war is useless, we must sit in fear in our dorm rooms blowing smoke through old toilet paper rolls stuffed with dryer sheets. This really isn’t needed with so many great nooks and crannies on campus where one can go relax and be one with nature. At least as one with nature as one can get in North Philly.

The favorite of many students has become the lawn in front of Johnson and Hardwick. This offers a college town campus feel with an urban landscape surrounding. Sitting on the grass on a mild spring day is one of the pleasures of life not often found on an urban campus but we have it here at Temple. Bring a hack or a frisbee and enjoy life as a normal college student should. A little exercise and fun in the outdoors never hurt anyone.

Another great spot is on the second level open area that connects Anderson Hall and Gladfelter. What a wonderful place to sit and view the world as it passes by beneath you. Yes, you may see camera’s watching you so make sure to roll a good spliff so as not to cause suspicion. There are plenty of nice benches and the surface lends itself well to skating if the idea really grabs you.

Speaking of skating, how about that great little area beside the north-bound subway station at Cecil B. Moore. Apparently the skateboarders of the campus are the only people who truly appreciate what a great place this little park is. It is probably one of the most underutilized areas on campus. Some beautiful foliage mixed in with an intricate pattern on the colorful surface makes a wonderful environment for sitting back with your favorite one hitter and talking to your best friend or someone you want to get to know a little better.

Lets not forget the wonderful atrium at Annenberg Hall. It is the best part of campus that, unless you are a communications major, no one really knows about. Blocked from the wind by the sides of Annenberg Hall makes for a great lighting environment with minimal blowouts. Rumor is that they might put a roof over it and start using it more, so if you really want to take advantage you better turn off
Jerry Springer and get your butt moving.

For the sake of safety, I really shouldn’t divulge any more places to the campus police. Be creative, use what we have on campus to your advantage, don’t be stupid and bring a bong either. Nature should be enjoyed as much as possible and with limited natural beauty on campus we should all strive to take advantage of what we have instead of complaining about what could be. Temple has so many possibilities for fun if you just put your mind, and lighter, to it.