Outstanding Owl

Senior Brandi Wright, a Sports and Recreation Management major, has dedicated many hours giving back to the community. As a gifted athlete, Wright makes use of her talent by volunteering at various camps throughout the

Senior Brandi Wright, a Sports and Recreation Management major, has dedicated many hours giving back to the community. As a gifted athlete, Wright makes use of her talent by volunteering at various camps throughout the summer.

She has thoroughly enjoyed her years at Temple and plans to graduate in May 2002.

For one week, Wright volunteered as a basketball coach and counselor at the Philadelphia 76ers camp, where she was in charge of 10-17-year-olds from both the suburbs and the city.

Nominate an Owl!
If you know someone who is an ‘Outstanding Owl,’ let us know! Send your suggestions to Kristin Boyd at kboyd@temple.edu

“It was interesting seeing how the kids interacted with each other, especially without their parents around,” Wright said.

Wright also spent two weeks working with Michael Jordan in Elmhurst, Ill. At the basketball camp, Wright had an opportunity to work in various areas, from helping at the concession stand to helping Jordan during autograph sessions.

“I did get a chance to have some conversations with Michael Jordan. At first I was really nervous, but after seeing him everyday, I realized he was so down to earth. For someone with that big a name, he was really nice and easy to talk to,” said Wright.

As for her predictions on Jordan’s plans to re-enter the NBA, Wright is a firm believer that he will be back to prove himself.

“He is going to be back to show that he can hold his own against Iverson and Bryant,” she said.

From a little girl growing up in Kansas to the captain of the Temple women’s soccer team, Wright has a long list of accomplishments behind her and many more goals for the future.

Although she does not know what the near future holds, Wright hopes to remain involved with sports.