Outstanding Owl: Jennie Greytak

Maintaining a 3.5 GPA, sophomore Jennie Greytak is headed down the Pre-Med track. Greytak plans to spend both her undergraduate and medical school years at Temple and ultimately leave as a qualified surgeon. Since first

Maintaining a 3.5 GPA, sophomore Jennie Greytak is headed down the Pre-Med track. Greytak plans to spend both her undergraduate and medical school years at Temple and ultimately leave as a qualified surgeon.

Since first arriving at Temple University in fall 2000, Greytak has been sharing her Temple pride. Whether she is at football or basketball games, or supporting her suitemate at fencing matches, Greytak is guaranteed to be singing Temple praise. She was also amongst the many that spent the night outside the Liacouras Center awaiting Morning Madness.

As an active student in the University Honors Program, Greytak dedicates many hours to working with the program. She is part of the Peer Mentor program, which pairs experienced students with incoming freshmen and helps them assimilate to college life.

In addition, she was a leader of an Orientation group, showing students what Philadelphia has to offer. Greytak also maintains an on-campus job, working in the office of the Provost.

Nominate an Owl!
If you know someone who is an ‘Outstanding Owl,’ let us know! Send your suggestions to Kristin Boyd at kboyd@temple.edu

As a biology major and a math minor, Greytak spends many hours a day in classes and is often consumed with work. However, she is an active member of the American Medical Student Association, a group that helps prepare students for the medical profession. She is also a member of SFLAG, which stands for Student Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

In her spare time, Greytak works on her hobby, knitting. Developing this hobby into a job, Greytak knits scarves and afghans. Often modeled by her friends, Greytak’s hobby is also turning into a profitable business.

With all the different activities that Greytak is involved in, she has managed to maintain a bright smile and always has a cheerful conversation for those around her.