Responce to “focus on bisexuality”

Joe Christian International Business jchris03@temple.edu (215)-777-2584 Dear Editor, I am writing in response to the recent “focus on bisexuality” events around campus. So often in our world today we are taught that everything is fine

Joe Christian
International Business
jchris03@temple.edu
(215)-777-2584

Dear Editor,

I am writing in response to the recent “focus on bisexuality” events around campus. So often in our world today we are taught that everything is fine as long as it makes someone feel better. But is this true?
From both a Biblical and common sense viewpoint this is not true. There are things that are right and wrong in this world, just think about it. If someone murders a member of your family you would want justice for it. Murder is wrong; we just cannot let people murder people because it makes them feel better. Likewise, bisexuality and homosexuality are wrong. Propagating such things confuses people and spreads lies.
The word of God makes it clear that illicit sexual relations are wrong. This includes bisexual, homosexual, and heterosexual acts.
Romans 1:24-32 says, “24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
Matthew 5:27-28 says, “Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
God created us and is a holy God, we need to listen to Him. Breaking his law separates us from him. If we lie, steal, lust we have broken God’s law. We are guilty and must have a judgment for our actions. The same goes for if you were caught cheating on a test. You are guilty and the teacher is going to pass a judgment on your for your actions. This is the way things work. But the Bible tells us that the Lord and savior of all Jesus came died and rose again for our sins. He has taken our judgment and put it on himself. If we repent (change our ways), believe in our hearts, and confess with our mouths we can be forgiven and saved from eternal damnation in Hell.
With Jesus these sinful sexual desires can be overcome. All people have a choice to believe in Jesus and be saved or reject him and be damned. Make the right one! And part of making the right one is in controlling our bodies and not engaging in these illicit sexual acts.