Rock legend Dylan to play Liacouras

Folk-rock god Bob Dylan will perform at the Liacouras Center on Main Campus Nov. 9.

dylan 2
Photo courtesy bobdylan.com Bob Dylan will play the Liacouras Center, where he performed in 2000, as part of his fall U.S. tour.

Bob Dylan’s influence on popular music is immeasurable. He has recorded and performed music for more than four decades, and his name is synonymous with some of the greatest songwriters in history.

On Nov. 9, Dylan and his Band will take the stage at Temple’s own Liacouras Center, the only Pennsylvania date on the fall U.S. tour. The tour began Oct. 4 in Seattle and wraps up with three shows in New York City, Nov. 17 through Nov. 19.

The folk-rock legend has released dozens of studio albums, beginning in the early ‘60s and leading up to this year’s critically-acclaimed Together Through Life and a rather unexpected Christmas album, Christmas in the Heart, released today.

Dylan, now 68, has written songs that have been woven into the fabric of the American music landscape like “All Along the Watchtower,” “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door,” “Like a Rolling Stone” and “Tangled Up in Blue.” These songs, as recognizable as Dylan’s trademark raspy voice, have been covered hundreds of times over, permeating many genres of music and generations of music fans.

Dylan, one of the most extensively touring artists in rock history, came to the Liacouras Center once before, in 2000 with Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead.

Tickets for Dylan’s Liacouras Center show went onsale to the general public yesterday and are $49.50 for both general admission floor tickets and reserved seating. They’re expected to go fast so jump on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity while you still can.

Kevin Brosky can be reached at kevinbrosky@temple.edu.