Saturday night at The Underground: Oct. 22, 10 p.m.

This weekend at The Underground will be a treat for those who prefer their musical performances without the accompaniment of a large band. Temple welcomes two guitarists, Dov Kogen and Arlene McCann, to the stage.

Kogen is a University of Pennsylvania student who describes himself as a “20-year-old acoustic singer, playing heartfelt and intellectual music.” He has been performing for four years and compares his own “experimental band of acoustic rock” to the likes of Radiohead and Dave Matthews Band. The Los Angeles native has opened for Lit and played at Hollywood’s famous Roxy Theatre.

More information and samples of his music can be found at www.dovkogen.com.

New Jersey born singer Arlene McCann has been performing what she calls “independent folk music” for about four years.

An open lesbian musician, some of her work centers on gay and lesbian rights as well as political messages, female equality and AIDS awareness.

She has performed at many colleges throughout the country and recently appeared at Sisterspace, a women’s festival in Maryland.

More information about McCann and where you can buy her music can be found online at www.arlenemccann.com.

-Ashley Truxon