Situation in Israel

Joe Christian International Business Phone #: (215)-777-2584 email: jchris03@temple.edu Dear Editor, The recent events in Israel are quite alarming. Everyday the violence escalates as more and more are killed. This kind of violence is nothing

Joe Christian
International Business
Phone #: (215)-777-2584
email: jchris03@temple.edu

Dear Editor,

The recent events in Israel are quite alarming. Everyday the violence escalates as more and more are killed. This kind of violence is nothing new to Israel, if fact, it has been going on since its very conception. But what is really going on and why is all this happening?
Sadly enough, many Americans are deceived about what is going on. The liberals in control of the news media form our thoughts for us. The picture they paint for us is one where Israel is the aggressor. In this picture the militaristic Israelis crush the cries of helpless Palestinians in an overdone retaliation for a suicide bombing attack, thus continuing the cycle of violence. Just look at the news, it is filled with misinformation mixed in with the facts of what is happening. More often than not this misinformation casts doubts on the humanity of the Israelis in the dealings with the Palestinians.
Excuse me! Might I ask who is the one conducting suicide attacks targeted at innocent civilians. It is not the Israelis! It is the Palestinians.
Israel is in a war against terrorism, just like America, and certain missions must be done to insure the safety of Israeli citizens. How intelligent is it for Israel to sit down and talk peace time after time with the Palestinians while during these talks the Palestinians cannot even uphold a ceasefire. It is like America holding peace talks with Bin Laden while al Qaeda continues to carryout attacks that kill Americans. However, do not be mistaken Israel has been involved and devoted to the peace process over the years. The problem is time and time again Mr. Arafat has lied right to their faces. Mr. Arafat does not want peace or he would truly use his power to stop suicide bombings. The bottom line is Israel has to defend itself, but from what?
They have to defend themselves from Muslim suicide bombers. But, wait a second according to the media, and even Muslims, Islam is a peaceful religion. Again this is another case where Americans are misinformed. These attacks are not just political they are fueled by the bombers belief in Islam and what Islam teaches them. Read these surahs from the Qur’an:
Surah 8:59, “Let not the unbelievers think that they will ever get away. They have not the power to do so. Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of God and your enemy…
Surah 4:91, “…If these do not keep their distance from you, if they neither offer you peace nor cease their hostilities against you, lay hold of them of them and kill them wherever you find them.”
So many times the truth about matters is omitted or twisted by the American media in order to push their liberal ideals. Do not take their bait hook, line, and sinker.