SNAPCASE TOUR WITH PAPA ROACH

Hardcore punk rock sensations Snapcase hit the Electric Factory next week in support of Alien Ant Farm and Papa Roach on the Raid the Nation tour. Recruited in March to replace Orgy, Snapcase has been

Hardcore punk rock sensations Snapcase hit the Electric Factory next week in support of Alien Ant Farm and Papa Roach on the Raid the Nation tour.

Recruited in March to replace Orgy, Snapcase has been playing the supporting role for Papa Roach since the tour kicked off in late March. The young quintet has shied away from isolationism and singular sound, despite being sandwiched in between two harsh sounding Southern California bands on the tour. The key to this success can be attributed to their devotion to performing explosive and emotional songs and keeping in touch with their hardcore roots.

The band consists of raw-nerve vocals by frontman Daryl Taberski, backed by guitarists Jon Salemi and Frank Vicario, bassist Dustin Perry and drummer Tim Redmond. When they formed in 1992 in Buffalo, New York, Snapcase set out to prove that even in today’s anger-driven music scene it is still possible to have in-your-face music with a positive and upbeat sound.

Their straightedge, substance-free punk lifestyles, backs their philosophy of focusing on motivational lyrics that stress individualism and the value of self-esteem. This type of positivism is most prominent on their third album Designs for Automotion.

Snapcase avoids the drawn out lyrical approach and chooses to get right to work. Their fast paced 11-track, Designs of Automotion, runs only a half-hour long, but manages to get to the point in half the time that other bands are able to. The strong lyrically driven songs to check out are “Ambition Now,” “Typecast Modulator” and “Twentieth Nervous Breakdown.”

This young quintet’s music is about living a poison-free lifestyle. Their songs are tight and to the point, always fast-paced and rarely over three minutes in length. With lyrics that are both smart and personal, guitars that are aggressive as all hell and a rhythm section constantly stomping a hole in the floor, Snapcase represents hardcore punk’s best chance to attack the rock mainstream.

Even though they may be the choirboys of the heavy music scene, Snapcase knows what it takes to deliver a powerful impact. When they play live they strive to have fun and entertain. You can bet that with their energetic sound, they will be off the walls with energy.

If you’re thinking of buying tickets just to hear Papa Roach’s “Last Resort” live, then save your money so that somebody else can check out a new band and see what hardcore punk rock music is all about.

Raid the Nation Tour w/ Snapcase and Papa Roach. Electric Factory. N. 7th St. above Callowhill. Wednesday. April 11. 8 p.m. $22-24.