Spare change drive scheduled at Bell Tower

In an attempt to show support for the rescue workers in New York and Washington D.C., Temple University student organizations will be at the Bell Tower between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Sept. 25-27, to

In an attempt to show support for the rescue workers in New York and Washington D.C., Temple University student organizations will be at the Bell Tower between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Sept. 25-27, to raise money.

Participating organizations:

• Liberal Arts College Council
  • Temple University Greek Association
  • Honors Student Council
  • Temple Student Government
  • Business Honors Student Association
  • Indian Students Association
  • Golden Key International Honor Society
  • Alpha Lambda Delta
  • American Medical Student Association
  • Amnesty International
  • Temple University Chemistry Society
  • Temple Issues Forum

The Spare Change Drive is a chance for all students across campus to make a contribution. All money will be put in the “September 11 Fund” and donated to the United Way of New York City. The workers will use the money as they deem necessary. Any additional money will be donated toward the building of a memorial.

This collaborative project has another motive. Carrie Pace, president of Honors Student Council wants to unite the campus.

“This is a chance for all student groups to put aside their differences and work toward a common goal. That is something we haven’t had in a long time,” she explained. Organizations, from sororities and fraternities to the Chemical Society to the Interfaith Council are being petitioned to join the cause.

Pace hopes to get as many organizations involved as possible, each being listed as contributors in the letter to United Way.

“This is a personal fight for me as my sister was in the World Trade Center. She is OK and my family is lucky; however, there are many families out there that aren’t as lucky. I want to give something back to them,” Pace concluded.

The goal for the fundraiser is $1000.