Sports Rewind

MEN’S TENNIS The men’s tennis team earned a huge win Sunday against defending Atlantic Ten Conference champion Richmond in its final match of the Virginia Commonwealth 4-1 Invitational. Three of the four men’s singles players

MEN’S TENNIS

The men’s tennis team earned a huge win Sunday against defending Atlantic Ten Conference champion Richmond in its final match of the Virginia Commonwealth 4-1 Invitational. Three of the four men’s singles players came out on top. Senior Milan Juricka came back to defeat the Spiders’ No. 1 player Doug Banker. The Owls (3-2) will host Saint Francis on Saturday at the Cheltenham Tennis Courts.

MEN’S GYMNASTICS

The men’s gymnastics team suffered a 202.725-199.850 dual meet loss to No. 13 placed William & Mary at Kaplan Arena. The No. 14 Owls were outscored by the Tribe in four of six events. Temple (1-2) was victorious in floor exercise with a 33.550 score and the vault with a 36.650 total. Sophomore Luke Vexler emerged as the team’s top performer, winning floor with a 9.05 and placed second on horizontal bars with a score of 8.60. Sophomore Sterling Kramer and freshman John Vogtman also emerged victorious, sharing the win on pommel horse with a score of 8.65. The Owls are back in action this weekend at the West Point (N.Y.) Open.

FOOTBALL

The football team announced Monday that Chris MacAulay has been appointed director of football operations. MacAulay will arrive at Temple having held a myriad of former professional positions including football recruiting assistant, business entrepreneur, football camp director, radio personality and public relations officer.

Most recently, MacAulay was the general manager of the product marketing division of SureClick Promotions, LLC, where he led new product marketing and development and managed the strategic vision and direction of the company.

MacAulay began at his alma mater, Virginia, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English in 1994. There he managed football recruiting logistics, including prospect identification, visits, game day operations and database and budget management. He also served as the Cavaliers’ camp director for the team’s passing clinic and lineman school.

-Alison Stuart