Sports Rewind

SOFTBALL The Owls continued their four-game winning streak with a doubleheader victory over Atlantic Ten Conference rival Dayton on Sunday. The team is now 11-16 on the year. The Owls entered the seventh inning of

SOFTBALL

The Owls continued their four-game winning streak with a doubleheader victory over Atlantic Ten Conference rival Dayton on Sunday. The team is now 11-16 on the year.

The Owls entered the seventh inning of Game 1 trailing, 2-0. The Owls managed three runs during the inning and won, 3-2.

After seven innings in Game 2 were played, the game was tied at four. The Owls took their second win of the day by scoring the game-winning run off of an RBI single in the 10th inning, giving them a 5-4 victory over the Flyers.

LACROSSE

The Owls earned their first A-10 victory of the season on Sunday against George Washington.

The Colonials scored four goals in the first period. The Owls responded with a 4-0 run of their own in the second period, leading them to a 13-10 triumph.

The Owls are 1-1 in the A-10 and 5-5 overall. They will face city and A-10 rival Saint Joseph’s on Saturday at Geasey Field.

TRACK AND FIELD

Members of the men’s and women’s track and field teams sent competitors to the Duke and Delaware Invitationals this weekend.

Sophomore Andrew Fries finished eighth in javelin at the Duke Invitational with a season-best throw of 185 feet, nine inches. Senior Steven Johnson finished 15th in the 200 meter and 16th in long jump.

The women’s team also had success at the two weekend tournaments.

Freshman Devon DuPont finished 21st at Duke, running a season-best time in the 200m at 26.03.

Sophomore women’s basketball player Lady Comfort made her track and field debut at Delaware in the shot put, finishing sixth in the event. Sophomore Noelle McKenzie finished eighth in the 800m.

Both the men’s and women’s teams will compete on April 21 at the Larry Ellis Invitational in Princeton, N.J.