TEMPLE IN BRIEF

SCAT receives funding Since December, Temple’s School of Communication and Theater has received two monetary gifts for its atrium renovations. Gerry Lensfest donated $1.5 million in December and the Annenbergs sent $1 million last month.

SCAT receives funding
Since December, Temple’s School of Communication and Theater has received two monetary gifts for its atrium renovations. Gerry Lensfest donated $1.5 million in December and the Annenbergs sent $1 million last month. The new atrium, to include a cyber café and screening/projection facility, will begin construction this summer.
Other gifts and awards totaling $370,410 will be used to fund the New Media program. Audio studios will be re-equipped, and audio equipment will be replaced in Tomlinson and Randall Theaters. Digital post-production centers are to be upgraded as well as computers and the graphics lab, among others.

Free football tix next semester
With Temple’s Football program in limbo with the Big East, Temple’s Athletics department will start a student season ticket registration drive for the 2001 season.
Tickets will be distributed through GAF funds at no extra charge to students. Hopes are to increase the student body’s support of the football program. Ticket registration forms can be picked up from a residence hall RA or RD, the ticket office in the Liacouras Center and the Ambler office of Student Life.

University Vote 2001
Elections for Temple Student Government will be held April 10th and 11th.

The website address is uvote.temple.edu. Polling places will also available at Speakman, Tuttleman and Temple Towers lobby, Anderson and Gladfelter breezeway, Bell Tower, Health Sciences Center, Temple University Center City and the JHP cafeteria.

Corrections from 3/29
Last week’s article “Temple meets with PA Appropriations Committee” stated that there were five state-related universities; there are only four: Lincoln, Penn State, Pitt and Temple.