Temple in brief

Thomas M. Healey has been named to the newly created position of executive director of planning and policy analysis at Temple University, President David Adamany announced. Healey, who assumed his new duties on September 16,

Thomas M. Healey has been named to the newly created position of executive director of planning and policy analysis at Temple University, President David Adamany announced.

Healey, who assumed his new duties on September 16, comes to Temple with an extensive background in planning, information management and policy analysis.

Most recently, he served as director of planning, information management and policy analysis for the West Virginia Education Policy Commission, where he was responsible for strategic planning, performance measurement, statewide policy analysis and system-wide computer information systems development and implementation.

Previously, he served as director of strategic planning and institutional analysis at Wayne State University in Detroit (during President Adamany’s tenure there as president), director of academic planning and budgeting for the University of Alaska system, associate executive director for academic planning at the Alaska Postsecondary Education Commission, director of institutional planning and analysis at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock and senior budget and planning officer at Arizona State University.

In his new post at Temple, Healey will oversee the development of a comprehensive, institution-wide system for information collection and policy analysis which will include a series of standard management level reports.