TEMPLE IN BRIEF

TEMPLE OWLS OUSTED FROM BIG EAST Temple will soon be looking for a new football conference after being informed it is no longer wanted in the Big East. Senior associate commissioner Thomas P. McElroy told

TEMPLE OWLS OUSTED FROM BIG EAST
Temple will soon be looking for a new football conference after being informed it is no longer wanted in the Big East.

Senior associate commissioner Thomas P. McElroy told the Associated Press on Wednesday night during Boston College’s basketball game against St. John’s, “They have not, since 1996, fulfilled our criteria for membership.”

The initial report of the Big East’s decision to oust Temple appeared on The Boston Globe’s web site.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY HOUSING RESIDENTS
To all students who currently live on campus, you must be in good financial standing, owing the University less than $200 by Friday, March 2, in order to receive a Housing Deposit card. Students who are in good financial standing must submit the card between March 12 and March 21 at The Office Of Cash Operations.

TELEPHONE BILL
Please be aware that on-campus residents who have telephone services at Temple, that the bill will applied to your tuition, effective January 2001. For more information, contact the Office of Telecommunications at 215-204-7722. The building is located on 1601 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA, 19122-6099

CORRECTIONS:
Last week’s Prince Paul preview in the Entertainment section, “Hip-Hop Luminary in Philly,” concert date has been changed from February 22. The new date is rescheduled for Thursday, March 15, 9:00 p.m. at the Trocadero.