Temple students will travel backwards to move forward

A Temple alumna and Holocaust survivor will lecture with Temple professor Hanoch Guy on how to avoid future crimes against humanity.

Temple students and staff are invited to travel back in time to change the future.

On Sept. 17 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the courtyard of Tomlinson Theatre at 1301 Norris St., Temple alumna and Holocaust survivor, Fredia Tabak (CLA ’53,) and Professor Emeritus of Jewish Studies and Holocaust scholar Hanoch Guy  will present “The Hope of Never Again.” The free program will remember the Holocaust and address how similar instances of genocide continue to affect modern society.

The program’s central theme of “triumph over tragedy” will examine society’s judgment of the human condition, from the Holocaust to present day. Calling upon personal insight of the Holocaust, Guy and Tabak will speak on the idea of “never again” to aid in the prevention of future genocide through the study of past atrocities.

Also located in the Tomlinson Theatre, a small reception will be held in the theatre lobby 30 minutes prior to the event. In case of rain, a backup  location is the Joe First Media Center at 2020 N. 13th St., between Annenberg Hall and the Tomlinson Theatre.

The event is sponsored by The Temple University Alumni Association in conjunction with the Myer and Rosalind Center for American Jewish Studies and Hillel at Temple University: The Edward H. Rosen Center for Jewish Life. Guests should register for the event online through the Temple University Alumni Association events page.

Lora Strum can be reached at lora.strum@temple.edu