TSG Minutes

On Monday, Temple Student Government’s last meeting of the semester, Vice President of Student Affairs Dekwuan Postell handed out student and faculty awards on behalf of the General Assembly. Lieutenant Eileen Bradley of Campus Safety

On Monday, Temple Student Government’s last meeting of the semester, Vice President of Student Affairs Dekwuan Postell handed out student and faculty awards on behalf of the General Assembly.

Lieutenant Eileen Bradley of Campus Safety Services and Temple Senior Vice President Dr. Clay Armbrister received the faculty awards for their commitment to addressing student concerns and instrumental roles in working on behalf of the student body. Student Channel Dennis received the student equivalent of the award.

In addition, Tomas Varela was unanimously reelected to his position as TSG’s parliamentarian and will hold his position for the spring semester.

General Assembly representatives approved a resolution to allocate $1000 for Adopt-A-Family, a program sponsored by Temple University’s Children’s Medical Center’s Family Services Department. TSG will adopt a family of five and will use the allocated funds to purchase necessities for the family.

Also, $600 was allocated to purchase toys for neighborhood children attending Campus Safety Services Holiday Christmas party Saturday, Dec. 13.

TSG’s guest on Monday was Chuck Williams, a former Temple graduate and Chief of Staff of TSG from 1995-1996. Williams, currently an adjunct professor at Temple, discussed his campaign “Books Not Guns,” which seeks to address the literacy crisis in Philadelphia.

Williams encouraged TSG and its members to get involved in efforts to collect books to donate to schools in the city to promote a higher literacy rate in the city.

Charmie Snetter can be reached at snett77@temple.edu.