The Pennsylvania Newspaper Association honored The Temple News with eight Keystone Press Awards this week.
TTN tied with the Pitt News at the University of Pittsburgh for receiving the most awards.
Below are the categories in which The Temple News won, in addition to links to the winning articles and/or photos.
- Ongoing News Coverage: Brittany Diggs and Stephen Zook, Honorable Mention, Temple tenants violate ordinance
- Public Service: Chris Stover and Morgan Zalot, Tie-2nd, Special Report: A look at Temple’s crime
- Sports Photo: Julia Wilkinson, Honorable Mention, Another late-game blunder (article)
- News Photo: Kriston Bethel, Tie-1st, Check mate (article)
- News Photo: Rachel Playe, Tie-1st, Permanent memories (article)
- News Photo: Rachel Playe, Honorable Mention, Champions
- Photo Story: TTN Staff, World @&#%ing Champions
- Web site: TTN Staff, temple-news.com
This is still not enough. Slackers.
Congratulations to Stephen Zook and Brittany Diggs for winning an Honorable Mention from the Keystone Press Awards for ongoing coverage of the Yorktown community housing issue. The many hours they spent attending community meetings, hearings, and interviewing neighbors has paid off in the higher percent of accuracy in reporting that eludes even the most daily of newspapers. Keep up the good work!
No way. Never. Meyer will awalys be remembered as one of the greatest college football coaches of all time. Not only that, but every real Gator fan knows just how legendary our run was, not just now, but years fun now. I, personally can’t wait to tell my kids and grandkids about this amazing era. The past few days have sucked, hell.. this season was awful, but none of that takes away from the magic Meyer and our Gators made.