Under the radar

Paris Wine Bar Grand Opening Thursday, Feb. 9 5-8 p.m. Free 2303 Fairmount Ave. www.londongrill.com I see London, I see France, I see free food, drinks and a place to dance. Actually, I just see

Paris Wine Bar Grand Opening

Thursday, Feb. 9

5-8 p.m.

Free

2303 Fairmount Ave.

www.londongrill.com

I see London, I see France, I see free food, drinks and a place to dance. Actually, I just see Fairmount Avenue blowing the Center City restaurant scene out of the water.

On Feb. 9, owners of Fairmount fave, London Grill, will open the doors to their second restaurant, Paris Wine Bar, next door to their first child. In honor of the opening, the Parisian joint will be serving free hors d’oeuvres, wine tastings with the growers and live jazz.

The best part? You can live it up like Louis XVI for a price fit for a peasant.

For the Love of Letters

Thursday, Feb. 9

6:45 p.m.

Free

Harcum College

750 Montgomery Ave.

Bryn Mawr, Pa.

610-526-6184

Assuming you aren’t stocking up on Ghirardelli chocolates, merlot and Nicholas Sparks films, you’re probably among the lucky few to have a Valentine’s Day vixen. But if you’re under the impression that a pearl necklace and a red rose is enough for your sugar pie to swoon over, you’re seriously mistaken.

Harcum College is offering a free writing workshop for the tongue-tied and pencil-panicky to learn the delicate art form of love-letter writing. You may not become the next Ludwig van Beethoven or Josephine de Beauharnais, but expert letter writer and author Samara O’Shea will be your shepherd to guide her little love sheep through the terrifying and traumatic world of confessing emotions.

Dr. Carlos Allende’s Lost Caravan of Love

Friday, February 10

10 p.m. – 4 a.m.

$30

Location TBA

21+

www.thephiladelphiaexperiment.org

In the 2001 musical film “Moulin Rouge,” a team of bohemian revolutionaries put on a show of spectacular proportions, intoxicating theatrics and magical movement – appropriately named “Spectacular, Spectacular.”

Described on its website as “mysterious and magical,” Dr. Allende’s Lost Caravan of Love reminds us a lot of Christian and Satine’s “Spectacular, Spectacular.” The night of mischief and magic contains a set list of DJs, including The BassKitty, Ross D, Red Richards and Big Jawn & Teh Wallace, fire artists, aerial performances, acrobatics by a Cirque du Soliel member, body painting, art gallery installations and a performance by the West Philadelphia Orchestra, just to name a few.

But there’s one caveat: We’re not really sure where this spectacular, sensational, stupendous show is taking place. And its organizer, The Philadelphia Experience, doesn’t seem to know either. Wherever your misadventures take you for the night, though, you’re encouraged to don your masquerade masks and bohemian revolutionary outfits.

-Alexis Sachdev