Under the radar

The Ting Tings Friday, April 13 Noon Free World Café Live 3025 Walnut St. worldcafelive.com The British are coming, the British are coming. The Ting Tings – the duo from Manchester, England – formed in

The Ting Tings

Friday, April 13

Noon

Free

World Café Live

3025 Walnut St.

worldcafelive.com

The British are coming, the British are coming. The Ting Tings – the duo from Manchester, England – formed in 2007. A year later, “That’s Not My Name” shot straight to No. 1 on UK top charts. “Shut Up and Let Me Go” achieved similar success, hit No. 6, was featured in an iPod commercial and on “Gossip Girl.”

Spiky-haired Jules de Martino and his platinum-and-heavy-lidded counterpart Katie White come to town for two shows this weekend. The first, at World Café Live, will be free and tickets are currently available at WXPN’s website, xpn.org. If you miss the free set, you can listen to the live stream on NPR or attend the second show at the Trocadero at 8 p.m.

Kaiser Chiefs

Thursday, April 12

8 p.m.

$25

Union Transfer

1026 Spring Garden St.

utphilly.com

We’re not really sure what this group’s name refers to. Perhaps Kaiser, the German word for “emperor?” Or Kaiser rolls? The city in Missouri? A card game? Whether these guys are the gods of sandwich breads or just enjoy cryptic band names, there should be no confusion regarding their banging British punk sound.

The five-piece set from Leeds, England was formed in 1996, but didn’t release its first album, “Employment,” until 2005. Its hit songs include “I Predict a Riot,” which made No. 36 on the Top 50 Greatest Indie Anthems Ever, and “Oh My God,” which hit No. 6 on UK top charts.

The group released two more albums, “Yours Truly, Angry Mob” in 2007 and “Off with Their Heads” in 2008, before taking a three-year hiatus. Last June, Kaiser Chiefs released its fourth studio album, “The Future is Medieval,” and its fifth, technically a North American re-release of “The Future is Medieval,” “Revolution Without Me,” in March.

The Chiefs have a history of infectiously head-bopping, toe-stopping shows, complete with crowd surfing and sweaty Britons. So whatever gets you down there – the sweaty boys, the great music or both – seeing this pop-punk legend from across the pond for only $25 should be illegal.

Fifth Annual Philly Spring Cleanup

Saturday, April 14

9 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Free

Various locations

phillycleanup.com

Last year, “Travel + Leisure” magazine rated Philly the second-dirtiest city in the U.S. With detached weaves and empty Church’s Chicken boxes tumbling through the streets, it’s no wonder Philadelphia came in second only to New Orleans. But that doesn’t mean we’re not trying to clean up our image.

Join the Streets Department for its fifth annual Philly Spring Cleanup as a volunteer at one of the effort’s many locations throughout the city. Last year, more than 12,000 volunteers cleaned more than 1,000 blocks of trash, recycling, tires, graffiti and recreation centers.

All you’ll need is a pair of closed toe shoes and a bagged lunch – and a sense of community and can-do attitude, of course, to clean up our beloved Philthydelphia.

Alexis Sachdev