WEB WATCH

Get your voice heard at RockTheVote.com https:// www.RockTheVote.com On Nov. 7, the day of the general election, “we the people” will have an opportunity to vote for a new president. For those of us living

Get your voice heard at RockTheVote.com
https:// www.RockTheVote.com

On Nov. 7, the day of the general election, “we the people” will have an opportunity to vote for a new president.

For those of us living away from home, we need to get our hands on absentee ballots. RockTheVote.com is an amazing Web site geared to college students, giving us the information we need to become active voting citizens in the United States.

The main issues RockTheVote.com focuses on are education, violence, health, environment, civil rights, money and free expression. Each issue is presented in a non-biased manner, and is thoroughly explained in our language, “college slang,” not the language of politics. The site is also regularly updated, so you’ll always have a current idea of what is going on in politics.

RockTheVote offers voter registration and tells you how to get an absentee ballot in your state. There are also volunteer opportunities all over the country, interactive polls, forums and more.

This site is a useful tool in all aspects of the voting process. Whether you vote or not, take a little time between classes and explore this site.

Grade: A
– Rachel Maisler
_______________________________________________________________
360 Hip-Hop: A hot new site for rap fanatics
https://www.360hiphop.com

There’s no doubt that 360hiphop.com is the most informative Web site for all the hip-hop headz out there. This Web site isn’t just another one of Russell Simmons’ big ideas; it’s a compilation of all aspects of hip-hop culture. Even better, it is equipped with all the latest digital technology to make your visit an unforgettable one.

When you open the page, your choices range from Broadcast, Interactive and Commerce to Music, Culture, Lifestyle and Politics. If you find yourself lost and confused, there’s a help button to guide you through this hip-hop heaven.

On the right side of every screen, there are three or more boxes titled “Check This Out.” These boxes allow you to view exactly what you want to see. Once you click, a picture and article are displayed.

From here, you can read about anything from who’s got what tattoo to new hot footwear. The site is full of pictures and video clips about every subject concerning entertainers, the latest technology and fashion. There are also beauty secrets hidden at the end of some photos, but you can discover those for yourself.

One of the site’s best features is the digital animation on each page. For example, in the Broadcast category, nine TV screens display options according to your interests. Click on the first screen and you’ll witness a humorous animated cartoon called “Cellie Head.”

But first, make sure you have your headphones. The cartoon features Russell Simmons on his cell phone, exchanging words with Hillary Clinton, while hubby Bill Clinton chats with his playmates between the sheets. Of course the cartoon is meant to be funny but you can be the judge.

The other screens displays the comic of the week, Eddie Griffin impersonating Michael Jackson in his early years and the high-maintenance Miss Jones interviewing Aaliyah, Jay-Z, Damon Dash and others at their spots in the Hamptons. Just a click on the mouse and you’ll witness footage that you may never see anywhere else.

The ultimate feature is that you can design your own Web site. Soon you will be able to customize your visit to 360hiphop.com, open up an e-mail account and create your own Web page.

If you are not interested in hip-hop trends, art, language or clothing: KEEP OUT!

If you are into these, you need to check out Simmons’ latest project, 360hiphop.com. You won’t be disappointed.

Grade: A
– Alana Christian