WEB WATCH

Job-hunting can be a complicated task. You need to know how to write a resume, search the classifieds and then hope for a call from a possible employer. Much to one’s advantage, the internet-age has

Job-hunting can be a complicated task. You need to know how to write a resume, search the classifieds and then hope for a call from a possible employer. Much to one’s advantage, the internet-age has made job hunting much easier.

Headhunter.net is an easy to use career-hunting site. The main function of Headhunter.net is its extensive job search engine. It allows you to search for a job, either by job type or industry. The search engine also allows you to narrow searches by entering the city, state and other keywords. In addition, resumes can be posted online for recruiters to seek you out themselves.

Headhunter.net also has an extensive resource center. The resource center has links about checking up on what your references are saying, job training sites, a salary calculator and a resume distribution center. Other good resources available include cover letter writing, resume and interview tips.

With over 250,000 jobs listed on the site, Headhunter.net also provides a list of the companies that support it, listed in alphabetical order. For a bit of inspiration in a grueling job search, Headhunter.net has page of people who submitted their success stories about finding jobs through the web site.

The drawback to Headhunter.net is narrowing down your search. Some fields are tougher to narrow down than others. Internships can also be difficult to find.

Overall, Headhunter.net is an amazing, reliable and easy to use resource, available online when searching for a job.